New T-Bird Owner, Questions & Comments | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

New T-Bird Owner, Questions & Comments

• Thread starter Thread starter Tyrod
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now. I finally took the plunge on 9/29/03 and bought an '03 red/red Bird. I got a really good deal, if I say so myself! I'm quite impressed with the car. It's actually more than I expected. I find any excuse I can to drive it. The only complaint I have so far is the micro-scratches caused by the hard top. I put on one corner of those hokey mylar strips. I couldn't stand the look of it and took it off.

Does anybody make a performance chip for the '03 T-Bird?

Are the wheel center caps with the white ring (with some sort of lettering ) unique to to the '04?

Does the speed sensitive audio volume control need to be turned on? Or can the ramping turned up?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Tyrod:
Welcome to the forum. I'll do my best to respond:

The scratch problem, A) Onlyb use about 1/2 of the tape and it should be hidden. B) It is not a good fix and Ford has been working on another solution that should be resolved by December. If you've been lurking you probably have seen those posts. If not you can do a search.
There are performance chips for '02 but I'm not sure of '03's
Yes, the center cap with white ring is unique to '04 cars. Personally, I don't like them (too busy) with all that "Ford advertising" on them. But that's my opinion.
Finally, the speed sensative volume has to be turned on. It's in your book. Or just push and hold the volume control knob for a few seconds. Your display will ask you to set it. Push "up arrow" until a comfortable number (I set mine at 7). Then just sit back, relax and give it the gas.
Good Luck.

Thanks George!

Yeah, I've read all the posts about the scratching problem. My specific objection is when the hard top is off. I'm probably more likely to have the top off. I live in Florida and also ride motorcycles. As a result, I have the opportunity and preference to have the hard top off. In that case, where the hard top won't be hiding the mylar, the strips look like hell.

Any pointers to a specific company making the chip? I've found alot of companies claiming they have chips for all '03 fords, but no applications for the T-Bird.

Todd:
There was a chip offered through Ford which I believe increased HP 20 to 30 HP more. Because they sponsered it, it will have no effect on your warranty. Not sure it's still available.
Many months ago you could find out more data from the following web site: www.fordchip.com
Another possibility, you may want to try Rousch. I think they had something as well
Good Luck,
George

Thanks for the correction Quickdraw. Hopefully Todd can find what he's looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back