New Member & New Black Bird Owner | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

New Member & New Black Bird Owner

• Thread starter Thread starter Dave C
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Dave C said:
Last Friday I took delivery of new 2004 Evening Black 'Bird w/Sand Accent interior package.

Still Happy!

Dave C

😎

Congratulations!!
A Black 2004 with black hardtop, sand soft top & interior, with SST & 16 spoke wheels is one of 241 made like that.

A Black 2004 with black hardtop, sand soft top & interior, with SST & 7 spoke chrome wheels is one of 283 made like that.

A Black 2004 with black hardtop, sand soft top & interior, without SST & 16 spoke wheels is one of 19 made like that.

A Black 2004 with black hardtop, sand soft top & interior, without SST & 7 spoke wheels is one of 23 made like that.

If no hard top, or different color than, let me know...

Give me your 17 digit VIN & I'll tell you what day it was built...

....congrats, Dave!.....that sure is a nice combination......always thought the sand border around the floor mats was a unique and nice touch.....be prepared to enjoy a unique and rewarding ownership experience......Cheers! and enjoy!........ 😀

That VIN is 1FAHP60A04Y111882

Thanks for the good wishes.

I have the 16 spoke 17" 'optional' wheels.

Have also on the way the QAA chrome strip kit for rear deck and have already installed a K&N filter. Looking forward to many hours of fun - although my wife is wondering already why 'I am messing with a brand new car' (!).

Dave

😉

Turlewax Platium Ultra Liquid

This may be a product that is all it's said to be.

One coat on and it looks great on the black.

Quickdraw .... any comments on the chrome rocker panel strip accessory?

Think it would look good ... but definitely do not want a trashy look.

Also, are they easy to install and remove if necessary?

(PS don't forget that date of build if you have a minute. Thanks ... Dave)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chrome rocker strips look good but I don't like the two pieces... I guess from a distance the joint isn't very noticable. Installation is tricky as the adhesive is aggressive and you want to be sure it is in position before touching it to the car. George has worked with QAA on a number if items and I'm pretty sure he has them on his car so maybe he'll see this and comment....

And yes I did forget your build date... If you gave me your VIN, its lost, and I need it again.

Exhaust System ...

Please let me know when you have exhaust system installed .....

how much trouble and if you still think it was worth the $$$ and

effort, etc.

(While I in the dog house, might as well get several things accomplished!)

😀

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave C said:
That VIN is 1FAHP60A04Y111882

Thanks

Dave,

1FAHP60A04Y111882
Date Ordered: 5/4/2004
Date Built: 6/7/2004
At Dealer: 6/29/2004
Sold Date: 1/3/2005

Dave C said:
Please let me know when you have exhaust system installed .....

how much trouble and if you still think it was worth the $$$ and

effort, etc.

(While I in the dog house, might as well get several things accomplished!)

😀

It's going to be April before I install it - mine is in storage until then.... I understand the Borlas are not a great deal louder than the stock system but I don't want a loud system. They tell me the Borlas have a low sweet sound on acceleration and sound stock at idle. I've heard enough people rave about the sound Im going to gamble $700 to try it - if I don't like it I'll put the stock system back on and sell the like-new Borla system on Ebay and take maybe a $150 hit.

Last edited:
VIN Info

Quickdraw said:
Dave,

1FAHP60A04Y111882
Date Ordered: 5/4/2004
Date Built: 6/7/2004
At Dealer: 6/29/2004
Sold Date: 1/3/2005

Many Thanks!

I indeed agreed to the deal on 1/3 and took delivery the following Friday.

(I install software and travel through the week.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back