New here, HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dark_Knight7096

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Hey everyone,
I have a question, some of you guys might find it laughable, but i sincerely have no idea and would just like any answers or opinions one way or another. Would the InTech DOHC motor from a 2003 Mercury Marauder fit inside one of the 89-97 T-birds? I used to own an 03 Marauder, but was recently in an accident and my car is totalled. I can buy it back from the insurance company for cheap and sell some of the parts. I'm thinking of holdin onto the engine, trans, and all the computer and electronic parts. If i have every single part of the driveline and they are all in good working order, how difficult would this swap be? Should it even be attempted? Will i have to invest a lot of money into swapping this motor? Is it something that 2 or 3 mechanics and someone with very basic mechanic knowlege could do in a weekend or two? I don't care if it's a pain and will take time what i'm worried about is the money issue. If it's gonna cost a lot to like custom fabricate a lot of parts to put the engine in i won't even worry about it. Any input any of you guys could offer would be greatly appreciate it. Thank you so very much guys!

Martin C Ingenbrandt IV

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Dark_Knight7096 said:
Hey everyone,
I have a question, some of you guys might find it laughable, but i sincerely have no idea and would just like any answers or opinions one way or another. Would the InTech DOHC motor from a 2003 Mercury Marauder fit inside one of the 89-97 T-birds? I used to own an 03 Marauder, but was recently in an accident and my car is totalled. I can buy it back from the insurance company for cheap and sell some of the parts. I'm thinking of holdin onto the engine, trans, and all the computer and electronic parts. If i have every single part of the driveline and they are all in good working order, how difficult would this swap be? Should it even be attempted? Will i have to invest a lot of money into swapping this motor? Is it something that 2 or 3 mechanics and someone with very basic mechanic knowlege could do in a weekend or two? I don't care if it's a pain and will take time what i'm worried about is the money issue. If it's gonna cost a lot to like custom fabricate a lot of parts to put the engine in i won't even worry about it. Any input any of you guys could offer would be greatly appreciate it. Thank you so very much guys!

Martin C Ingenbrandt IV

I don't know how comouterized the 1997 is but its very difficult to change the engine on the 2002 and newer Thunderbirds. The computer controls everything and a different engine wouldn't compute.

The engine should be changed along with the computer in any case.
Anyway, I doubt the engine will fit, as the '89-'97 birds have a very tight hood. The 4.6L is basically the same, but intake and exhaust are very different. Same goes for a Mustang engine. The only direct swap is the DOHC from a Lincoln Mark VIII.

The good part is that you might be able to fit the engine if you keep some parts from the bird, but I don't exactly know which ones. I have some thech articles that might help you out. ocar@cougars.com

------------------
1995 Cougar 4.6L SOHC V8 / Screamin'Deamon Coils / LiveWires / K&N / Eibach Springs / 255-40-ZR17 / Pioneer 12" subs / Nakamichi head unit

2002 Mondeo 2.5L DOHC V6 / Pioneer 10" subs / Kenwood 4ch DSP / 20GB mp3 MusicKeg / Webasto Sunroof / 225-50-ZR16

ocar said:
The engine should be changed along with the computer in any case.
~~~~

My point was that I don't know if the engine computer would be compatible with the rest of the car. If you use the correct computer for the engine I doubt it will be compatible with the rest of the car... Ford themselves had a blown LS and that computer or computer program did not work with the speedometer. And some are "drive by wire" and dont even have throttle linkage. I don't know what all the engine computer controls besides the engine, (traction control? guages? Cruise control? etc?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back