new guy needs help | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

new guy needs help

• Thread starter Thread starter winterbeater
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

winterbeater

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I found your forum looking for some tech support and I find it very interesting. I picked up a '93 LX a couple months ago that was sitting at my dads, and it is rough. But, I can't complain because it allows me to park my Mustang for the winter. After driving it now for a couple months, I have really come to like the car. Anywho, my girlfriend was gracious enough to buy me a CD player and speakers for the car, and I have the CD player hooked up, but did not get the speaker wire colors before I installed the stereo, which, with the condition of the dashboard, I am afraid to remove. Does anyone know where I can get this info? I would like to run out and get a Haynes manual, or even buy a membership for your forum, but unfortunately right now I am broke from the holidays. Any help would be appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

First, we'll see if the moderators can move this to the '89-'97 section.

What type of stereo did it have in it from the factory? You should have one of the following: standard, premium and jbl audio. I don't recall if there were any other levels other than the CD player option.

Have you already cut the stock connectors off the speaker wire where the attach to the stock speakers? Have you removed the stock speakers yet? Which speakers specifically are you replacing, the door speakers or all 4 of them? (assuming you don't have the jbl with the sub in the trunk) I'm not sure as it's been a while since I had my interior apart, but the speakers my be labelled (+) and (-), so you could line the plug up and know.

If you have the premium or jbl, there's a small amp in the trunk. There should be a small black plastic tray at the top of the trunk. I really never paid much attention to mine, so I don't know how all the wiring is hooked up. Chances are good though that it is one of those big fat factory style connectors that won't wire up directly with aftermarket stuff at all, (without adapters). Then it would be a matter of finding a wiring schematic.

Unless the speakers are marked for +/- it's going to be hard to figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your reply. I have one of the speakers out, I will check to see if it is marked. It is just the standard stock stereo, so luckily I don't have to fool with the amp. Sorry if I am in the wrong forum, but I saw some other stuff posted and thought someone could help. But, thanks again for getting back to me.

by the way......

Hey, I reposted my problem in the correct forum. Also, I must say, that is a very nice Super Coupe. Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back