New Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was sent some photos from the Detroit show and have put them on the newtbirddata site in a folder labeled NAIAS&Diecasts - two of the 3 pictures are of diecasts in a display, one of which looks like the custom model. Guess we'll be seeing the custom model on the market sometime this year??

Friend who sent photos said the diecast display had mention of the Ford iCollection website but you and I all know that Ford doesn't have all 5 colors listed in their current catalog nor the Custom.

hmm - seemed to have left out the fact that one of the pictures showed all 5 colors of diecasts for the normal production colors.

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'm a big diecast collector (over 1000 cars of various scales)and stay pretty tuned into what's out there and where to get the best price. Maisto currently has the red, t-bird blue (looks a little green to me), black, and yellow readily available in 1:18th scale from places such as K-B Toys (usually S14.99-16.99) or their outlet stores Toy Liquidators; Sam's Wholesale Club ($9.99) has them seasonally (Christmas & Father's Day) and Toys R Us ($19.99) ocassionally. On the web look to Asheville Diecast or Evers Toy Store in Dyersville, IA as places with good prices. Seems the white bird is now available in 1:18th and should end up in all of these places sooner or later. The Neiman Marcus car is a little harder to come by - usually from the Ford Collection, a dealer or Ebay. I believe there are only supposed to be 2000 of them made. You can get them cheaper on Ebay most of the time than you'll be able to get them from Ford.

Maisto has 1:25th scale 2002s available in black, red, t-bird blue (again, looks a little green to me). I've seen all of these at K-B Toys ($4.99-$6.99). Yellow is probably available also and I'm sure white will follow. They have not made a Neiman Marcus car in 1:25th but it would be relatively easy to do.

Another company has also made the concept car in 1:24th, but have not up dated it to a 2002 version.

Hope this helps. Dot has it pretty well outlined on her sight also.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

2K2BIRD: - -Actually, the Blue model is almost perfect when put against the actual car. That was shown in pictures a while ago, but I'm not sure if they are there any more.

the tbird blue diecast photos are gone but I can put it up again on the newtbirdata site. will put it in the diecast folder. just give me a few minutes
smile.gif

-

DAVIDA - I'm glad they match the 1:1 color. I haven't seen them right together. The problem I've seen with the T-BIRD Blue diecasts is that the plastic top's paint does not look the same as the paint on the metal body (it's slightly off on the red cars too). That's the main reason I haven't picked one of those up, yet. Keep hoping I find one that looks like a closer match.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

We visited the Maisto showroom at Toy Fair in NYC last February. They showed all 5 colors, plus Nieman Marcus in 1/18 & 1/43 scale, but only the red, black and blue in 1/25th at that time. That doesn't necessarily mean the additional colors won't be produced in 1/25, but it does mean there are a few pieces either not released yet, or very scarce already ( I have only seen two of the NM cars-the one @ Toy Fair & one in the possesion of another collector). I'm certain that we will continue to see other variations.

We have a number of TBird items for sale not typically available in retail outlets that we sell via mailorder plus all of the mainstream stuff ( we now have the 1/18 white 2002)at reasonable prices. If interested, you can email us at panow@erols.com and we will send you a list. This is not a sales pitch-our main line of collectibles we sell in our hobby business is very specialized (miniature police vehicles). We added the TBird line for the purposes of enhancing our own collection, as well as for club members and other Tbird friends.

Skip
Red/Red/Red Premium

ive got a 1:24th yellow made by Redbox, or at least thats what it says on the box. its nicely done and matches nicely with the red, blue, and black 1:25th's Im starting a nice collection of thunderbird models i have about 40 total of all years from 55-02 a question to who ever gets their white 02 first, is it a removable hardtop or is it a molded ht? on my NM and yellow show there both removable hardtops but the rest are molded plastic. anyway glad im not the only one that NEEDS this white bird.

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

thanks, Skip, for the headsup on the NM 1/43 scale. Wish I knew where those could be found?

Vic, the hardtops on the 1/18 & 1/24 scale cars by Maisto that came out last year (with the colored seat inserts, etc...) can be removed but it has to be done carefully, ie, take the car apart first. The hardtops are held on with tabs at the back and semi melted to the visors. Once we get a white one, the hardtops are getting switched so we can have a blue car with a white top.

-

WAHOO!!! - Went to Walmart during lunch and what did I find? A white 1:18th scale T-bird by Maisto, that's what!! Be on the lookout, folks. Details - white with white top, all black interior and bummer - silver painted concept 24 spoke wheels. Still looks pretty darn good and at $14.97, a bargain to boot. The best part is, now I have a white top to play with on the other colors to see what the look will be. Guess I'm going to have to run down one of the T-bird blue cars to round out the color collection.

Its been a good T-bird collectibles week - got the white one, a 1:24th Texas Rangers T-Bird and the coolest print from Canada of a Red Bird signed by Mark Conforzi #136/150. Oh - Dot, the print is on paper, matted in black, framed in black with a glass cover.

Also just won an Ebay auction for the Michael Lamm book shown at the bottom of the page for $9.95. Life is good on Friday night.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

What does it say - a collectibles fool and his money are soon parted?? LOL Now you have my interest up - don't know if I'll be able to wait to check it out.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

sigh! My white 'bird arrived today but it's undriveable - only 1/18 scale but it looks like the white matches the real thing. black interior & grey concept wheels as noted before. will try to get a digital image on my webpage for diecasts sometime today.

------------------
Dot, tbird blue w/white top on order, #18/26 the New T-bird

Hi, also received my white Maisto from Asheville today. In addition to being disappointed about the wheels, (chrome would have been immediately switched to my yellow) I also noticed it has the concept model steering wheel, not production 4-spoke, and no aluminum panels on the doors. Looks like an afterthought model made-up from what was left over. Still looks nice in the showcase though.

------------------
Yellow premium, full accent 4127

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back