New Convertible top, installation info

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gbravo

Last seen
Need new top (top is actually good, the fabric below rear window is issue) and have the a link to Haartz tops (hope they have one left), but who should I try to get to install top?

Be careful to check what fabric is being used when buying a Haartz top from a convertible top company.

Haartz is the original equipment manufacturer for the 2002-2005 T'bird cloth tops, but some companies will try to sell you a top made of a lower quality Haartz "Stayfast" cloth. I contacted the Haartz company when this happened to me and Haartz replied that the Haartz Twillfast JX or Twillfast IV toppings most closely match the quality of the original material.

"Twillfast JX is the same cloth as the original, but with a twill-weave face cloth versus square weave. Twillfast IV is twill weave face, urethane elastomer, and black PET dobby backing therefore the face and back will have a different appearance than your original top," according to the Haartz rep.

When I purchased a top made of Stayfast there was no comparison, in my opinion, in quality to the original top on my 2005 T'bird. That's what led me to contact Haartz. To the seller's credit the company took the top back and paid for return shipping.

Using Twillfast is more expensive, but reproduces the rich look and quality feel of the original top. Red

Need new top (top is actually good, the fabric below rear window is issue) and have the a link to Haartz tops (hope they have one left), but who should I try to get to install top?

I need a new top, it split between window and top, any good places to get it?
Are you saying that the glass has separated from the fabric? If that’s the case, it can be glued back together.

Are you saying that the glass has separated from the fabric? If that’s the case, it can be glued back together.
Yes top of the window it’s splitting, we’ve taped it from inside then put silicone on out side but looks terrible. I was told that it couldn’t be fixed it would just keep splitting

Yes top of the window it’s splitting, we’ve taped it from inside then put silicone on out side but looks terrible. I was told that it couldn’t be fixed it would just keep splitting
My fabric was pulling away from the glass but at the bottom of the window. i used Gorilla Epoxy and had great results. Two years later it is still holding tight. (Note: Gorilla Epoxy NOT Gorilla Glue.)

Now it looks really cheap! Love my car a lot so I don’t want it looking bad
My fabric was pulling away from the glass but at the bottom of the window. i used Gorilla Epoxy and had great results. Two years later it is still holding tight. (Note: Gorilla Epoxy NOT Gorilla Glue.)
thank you, I wonder if I can get this silicone off, the tape doesn’t look bad. image.jpgimage.jpg

I’m hoping someone can help here, I had a new compressor put in and just wondering if at that time should checking the expansion valve have been included at that time? Mechanic wants another $1300.00 to replace that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back