Need some help from you experienced guys | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Need some help from you experienced guys

• Thread starter Thread starter Mart Man T-bird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mart Man T-bird

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I have and opportunity to pick up and '02 Bird with 99K miles on. It's whisper white with black HT. When taking the hard top off to check the operation of the soft top, I discovered that the chrome hook which holds the top down to the windshield on the drivers side is broken off. There is also a small hole at the base of the back window drivers side that leaks water. Is it possible to have the chrome hook that's broken off replaced, and if so where can this be done? All in all, the car is in really great shape. The canvas top looks really clean and funtions well. Engine and tranny are like butter. A little elbo grease on the paint, and it will look as good as new.

Any help you can provide would be awesome. A parts guy I know said he know where I can get a replacement soft top for $700, but don't want to drop that kind of cash. With having the hard top, I just want the soft top to be lockable so I can secure car when parked.

Thanks in advance.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Mart, Welcome:

I believe they call that a J hook and possibly it is available from Ford parts service. Certainly worth a try at your local Ford or Lincoln dealer.
As for the hole in the rear, I don't understand...there shouldn't be a hole. Maybe post a picture &
Keep us informed

Mart, I found you a number:

Chrome (J HOOK) FROM FORD DIRECT ONLINE PART 3W6Z76506A48AA The later version may come in black as opposed to chrome

Did you ever find a TBird for yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back