Need some advice.

• Thread starter groovie_ghoulie
  • Start date
G

groovie_ghoulie

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello everyone my name is Mike and I have some questions about my father-in-law's 2002 Ford Thunderbird.

he pre-ordered this Thunderbird I think around a year or two before it was released he bought it in Cincinnati where it stayed in the garage until we move down to Florida where it also remained in his garage.

He's recently decided to sell the car so we took it up to the Ford dealer to have it checked.. All was fine. There is nothing wrong with the car mechanically, no interior or exterior damage..I'll list some details below.

I know that this car is a collectors item to some. Some of the stuff that I've seen indicates that the car could be worth a little bit more than the offer.

My question is how does one know if a car like this holds any additional value in the year it was made or color/options, is there anything to look for etc..

I have no idea about cars.. But I searched around and found myself reading here. Figured I'd give it a shot..

Thank you to anyone who comments..

Thank you, Mike

Here are some details let me know if you need anything else..
The vin no. is 1FAHP60A72Y109379 and the mileage is 43,300.

It is a Thunderbird Blue 2002 model with 3.9L DOHC V8 engine, 5-speed auto trans, hard removable top, 17” 7 spoke chrome cast ALU wheels, traction control and a AM/FM Stereo in-dash 6 Disc CD and a $800 full interior (blue) ACC PKG. The original MSRP was $39,995.00 with a selling price of $49,845 before tax in 1/28/02.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I bought mine a few years ago from carmax, 2002 black with both roofs with about 52,000 miles on it for $20,000 total out the door. Hope that helps a bit but also hope it doesn't cause tears of sorrow.

Mike, I purchased my 2002 two years ago in Sarasota, Florida. It was purchased from a retired Ford executive. Yours sounds exactly like mine down to the T-B Blue color and deluxe interior. Being a Florida car it has a spotless and rest free under carriage with only 13k on the clock. In any case buying/selling a vehicle there are three main aspects to look for (in my opinion).
1.Desirability 2. Condition and 3. Mileage. Assuming you car is in excellent condition I'd say the only detriment you have is having relatively high mileage on the clock. The cars with low mileage (under 10k) will command the higher price. My guesstament for your vehicle, sight unseen, would be about $16-$18K. Check out cars on eBay and other web sites to get a better feel. The retro birds, I do love them, just don't command astronomical prices like a 427 ci big block 1967 Corvette would. But they sure do ride/drive MUCH better. I had the Vette - I know.

Almost forgot - I paid $21k for my car.

Larry

Back