Need hardtop for my red tbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my thunderbird for a year now and love it. The mistake I made was ordering it without a hardtop. I've heard that Ford does not sell these separately (unless you buy all parts separately and put it together and paint it). Anybody have any info or info on an available hardtop (not interested in the aftermarket hardtops)? Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Pete,
My dealer just got in a red bird with a white top. It is really beautiful. It is the only bird I've seen that I might prefer over my triple blue bird. The color combination would never have occurred to me if I hadn't seen it. If you can find a white top, snap it up!

Thanks for everybody's responses. I have seen a couple of pictures of red birds with white tops and they look pretty cool. I think I'll go for either a red or white top. I'm going to wait until somebody's willing to sell for around $2,500. If anybody has one at this price please let me know. A lot of people bought with the hardtops in place so I don't think that the hardtops alone are that in demand and command the dollars some people think ( on a side note ford should not be charging $4,600 for a replacement. I'm sure they make plenty of money at $2,500). I read about the chrome hood scope treatment on the board and think I'll do that within the next week or so. Thanks to all.

Don't think Ford will come down too much on price. The Cadillac Allante top cost as much during it run and they never came down on price. Have you looked into the aftermarket top that's coming out of Canada and being promoted by a guy in Georgia? There was one on ebay for awhile, I will try and find the guys name, we emailed each other back and forth for quite a while.

Does the aftermarket top have a little more headroom? 1/2" would be nice.

HKS

Originally posted by 02birdman:
Don't think Ford will come down too much on price. The Cadillac Allante top cost as much during it run and they never came down on price. Have you looked into the aftermarket top that's coming out of Canada and being promoted by a guy in Georgia? There was one on ebay for awhile, I will try and find the guys name, we emailed each other back and forth for quite a while.

Originally posted by Pete:
I've had my thunderbird for a year now and love it. The mistake I made was ordering it without a hardtop. I've heard that Ford does not sell these separately (unless you buy all parts separately and put it together and paint it). Anybody have any info or info on an available hardtop (not interested in the aftermarket hardtops)? Thanks.

Have hard top -black- for sale. Was going to post it on Ebay but thought I'd try here first. I'm in Hawaii and I think crating and shipping will be $500 or less. I'm not going to be greedy on the price of the top-- but I haven't used it and I never will. So it just sits in the covered space. Rack included, of course

Originally posted by Pete:

Have hard top available. Black-never used, nevr will be-- on rack and covered. It's in Hawaii but don't panic--shipping and crating will be less than $500. and I'm not greedy about the price. I'll leave this post open for a week or so before I try the Ebay method.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back