My wheel postion won't work | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

My wheel postion won't work

• Thread starter Thread starter Frodo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frodo
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
When I start my 2003 bird my wheel won't automatically go back to where I set it. I can set it and it will retract when I turn the car off but then doesn't remember to go back to the setting. It is not in the ability to set the in-out or up-down but rather the memory to go in on off, and out on start. Any ideas??

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

First I've heard of that. Especially after you reprogrammed it. May want to review the book and see if they have any hints😕

My car had the steering wheel position problem after the odometer module was replaced. The dealer disconnected the battery for a few minutes and that solved the problem. You lose all the presets on the radio and the learned transmission program, but I don't remember anything else needing to be reset. This was about 4 years ago and I may have forgotten some details. (The transmission automatically resets over a period of time or miles.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back