My Blue with NM Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took delivery on Tuesday... LOVE IT!

What a day for delivery... New York City reached a record high of about 66 degrees... not a bad day for delivery! God is good.

Here are some observations:

1. I'm glad I ordered the upgraded floor mats, the ones that came with the car are so thin and flimsey by comparison. The upgraded mats are larger, thicker, and have the TBird wings on the sides.

2. The soft top was wet when I took the hard top off. I don't know if it was water trapped inside, or from a leak when the dealer prepped it. The window was also dirty.

3. I was debating the 21 point Chrome vs Painted wheels... but now I'm sure... the chrome wheels not only look better, but they look bigger. I'm not sure why, but everyone who saw both sets on the car said "are those bigger?".

4. I'm going to install the chrome hood scoop myself this weekend. The dealer had never done it before anyway... so as long as a newbie will install it, it might as well be me.

5. Chicks dig the car. Lots of smiles, but none walked up to talk about the car... But every guy passing by took a moment out to talk about it. Go figure.

Here's a couple of photos pre-wheel installation. My dealer didn't feel comfortable installing the wheels because they didn't want to damage the chrome. So I did it the next day at a wheel shop.

These are the old painted 21 point wheels
old-wheels1.jpg

old-wheels2.jpg

These are the new chrome 21 point Neiman Marcus Wheels:
front-side.jpg

back-side.jpg

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Joe,

You have the exact car I ordered! I am really getting excited right now having seen your pictures. I haven't seen a Thunderbird Blue Deluxe up close as in your pictures. I'm not partial to chrome wheels (I have them on my SC300 and they're beginning to pit with only 5K on the car and never seen rain), but I have to admit the NM wheels really look great on your car!

Have fun!

KB

Joe,
I too have on order one just like the first
two pictures....beautiful. I think the NM
wheels are also beautiful but I think I will
stay with the original DeLuxe.

Enjoy!!!

Bob
02 BIRD-My plate
No VIN

Tbird II, next you need to look for the Canadian poster of the blue with the NM wheels - it's a shot of the car parked on a cliff with waves crashing below. Also found in the first brochure and the launch binder.
Maybe someone reading this board has an extra copy they can spare for you.

TBIRD II - I have been wondering what the NW wheels would look like on the blue car. I think they are a great improvement. I have a blue with the 7 spoke, and am really happy with them. The car is in storage at the dealership showroom now. When the weather improves and I bring it home, I plan on painting the calipers right away.

BTW... The Mustang GT next door is identical to one I had. Fun to drive, but was the noisiest car I ever owned, and was quieter with the top down! My wife hated it. She LOVES this car!!

TBIRD II, I have to agree. I was sold on the 21-spoke chrome wheels when I first saw them in the advertising brochure. Couldn't justify the $2k upgrade, however. Here's the seacliff photo Dot refers to. I believe it was taken somewhere on the Monterey coast. I'm going to try to duplicate the shot when I find the exact location.

looks like some Easterners need to visit the west coast and all the beautiful scenery it provides. I'm pretty sure TR Cruiser will find the spot - if not, he'll be able to find something close.

I've been up and down PCH and it is reminscient of the area, it just does not look like a real photo to me, at least some type of computer enhancement.

It shows waves crashing but the rocks are dry.

-

There is no question that the photos have been enhanced, to what degree is the question I think. Most all of the reflections have been removed from the cars

It is conceivable that the cars were laid in on top of the landscape, but I really can't tell. In the photo of the red car, it really looks "Laid in" on the landscape.

The color shown on the White car has never been close to accurate.

Mark

Now that it's a mystery, I guess that means I have to go find it and get the picture. Maybe I can find someone at Ford who will give me a lead.

Under close scrutiny, the ocean appears to be reflected on the hubcaps and all the shadows seem consistent. Hard to say about the waves. Perhaps the tide was just coming in.

i'm pretty sure that the evening black is the l.a. skyline.

i know an overlook off of mulholland drive that has that exact fencing with a big rock in the foreground.

i've been planning to shoot my car there, but the park closes at night, plus, there are almost always cars parked there, and there's only about 12 parking spaces.

all the pic.s are definitely enhanced in terms of color manipulation and shadows and such.

Hi TBird!!
Lots of luck with your new ride!!!
I have had my hood scoupe in the trunk for about a month but have been nervous about trying to install it myself.Let me know how this turns out and what method you used.

Vin.#4201
NYS Reg.02*SR71

tr cruiser and NMTBirdLA --

I am so happy this subject came up, because for months I have been just dying to know what skyline is in that Evening Black picture. I even had my co-workers on the case months ago, and I went so far as to find a website that had pictures of American city skylines -- to no avail. I would be eternally grateful if one of you can tell us definitively where that photo was taken! (or maybe it's just doctored)

TBIRD II, Congratulations on FINALLY getting your car. I too have a Blue bird with the regular chrome wheels. Your photo makes be think that I may need to order the NM wheels. Too bad we couldn't get together as we have now moved from Rye. Oh well, good luck and happy driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back