MSRP Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to stop in at a Ford dealer in Springfield, VA and saw that they had 4 Birds sitting in the showroom. Yellow, Black, White and Blue. They were all Premium's with Hardtops and they were all a couple hundred under MSRP. The white had a black hardtop and the Yellow had full yellow accent. This was at Sheehy Ford in case anyone is interested. This is the first dealer that I have seen in the DC area actually under MSRP. There are still plenty of other dealers around trying to sell for over MSRP including at least one used bird.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I live not far from this dealer and I can attest to icrovop's observations on price around here. With all the compliments I have received on my T-bird, I am surprised they have not flown off the lots. I think perhaps the dealers shot themselves in the foot by holding out on big ADM's for too long.

Since I picked up my T-bird at the start of June, I have seen a total of 4 T-birds on the road in the DC area (2 in the past week!).

One of the local dealers here got two Birds this month and sold them both the first week. The last one sold for 2k over MSRP.

We just got our yellow/white top bird last month and have only seen 2 others in our city east of Cleveland Ohio. One black and one red. Our dealerships here are all selling for at least 4,000 over and all are still on the lots. Todays paper was advertising $1,000 off so they are getting the message not to be greedy.

We bought ours from a dealer in Fla off ebay and love it!!! Paid sticker - even better.

Yellow/white top with bumble bee interior
Lexus LX470 is used for more than 2 people

Bumblebee Interior, I like that. I almost got the Yellow. It was like sitting in a flower garden.

HKS

Blue/White/Full Blue Accent

Originally posted by Barbs Bird:
We just got our yellow/white top bird last month and have only seen 2 others in our city east of Cleveland Ohio. One black and one red. Our dealerships here are all selling for at least 4,000 over and all are still on the lots. Todays paper was advertising $1,000 off so they are getting the message not to be greedy.

We bought ours from a dealer in Fla off ebay and love it!!! Paid sticker - even better.

Yellow/white top with bumble bee interior
Lexus LX470 is used for more than 2 people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back