Migration of the Birds--Texas Gulf Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past weekend, 8 classic Thunderbirds and 2 new Thunderbirds took a little flight, south from Houston about 125 miles to the Palacios area. The following photo was taken in front of the Luther Hotel, which has been sitting on the shores of Matagorda Bay for 99 years. The new black Bird on the left is a Neiman, #225! The new blue is mine, #6160. The Birds seemed to enjoy each other's company, as no oil or rubber was thrown. A good time was had by all.

Birds_at_the_Luther_Hotel.JPG

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Birdman56,
Your White '56 is going to feel neglected if you don't start driving it once in awhile! Of course our '57 hasn't been out of the garage since the Dimebox Christmas parade and Chile cookoff. It'll get out this next Saturday night, it's business meeting night in Grapevine.
Have FUN, FUN, FUN..
George,
Blue/White/Full Blue on order....
NRH, TX

I still pat ol '56 on the fender everytime I walk by it in the garage. It hasn't been driven since the Dime Box parade, either though. Hope to see you in Salado.
Hugh

What's going on in Salado? I would like to link up with other new bird owners and compare notes if possible.

On March 15-17, the Big D Little Birds host a fun weekend in Salado, intended for 1955-57 Birds, but open to all. The event is centered around the Stagecoach Inn, with a driving event during the day on Saturday, with plenty of time for shopping and kicking tires. It ususally draws a big crowd. I'd recommend it for a good time.

mlo ylo,
I am setting up the driving tour this year (again) and we will be leaving the Stagecoach Inn at 9:00 AM on Saturday the 16th of March. We're going to Burnet to tour the CAF Museum and turn everyone loose about noon or so. The ladies like to do a little antique shopping, so I've left the afternoon open for that. The early birds start showing up on Friday afternoon and everyone scatters around town for dinner. I don't know if there are any rooms left at the Stagecoach Inn, but there is a Super 8 across the freeway. Please come join us for the tour, we won't give you too much grief about the new Bird. There might even be others there. There is a person in Dripping Springs that has a '56 and '02, birdman56 has a '56 and '02, and there are a couple of people in the D/FW area with both early and '02 Birds.
George,
'57 Willow Green
'02 Blue/White/full Blue on order.

-

Originally posted by chryslertcnut:
mlo ylo,
I am setting up the driving tour this year (again) and we will be leaving the Stagecoach Inn at 9:00 AM on Saturday the 16th of March. We're going to Burnet to tour the CAF Museum and turn everyone loose about noon or so. The ladies like to do a little antique shopping, so I've left the afternoon open for that. The early birds start showing up on Friday afternoon and everyone scatters around town for dinner. I don't know if there are any rooms left at the Stagecoach Inn, but there is a Super 8 across the freeway. Please come join us for the tour, we won't give you too much grief about the new Bird. There might even be others there. There is a person in Dripping Springs that has a '56 and '02, birdman56 has a '56 and '02, and there are a couple of people in the D/FW area with both early and '02 Birds.
George,
'57 Willow Green
'02 Blue/White/full Blue on order.

-

Thanks George,
It sounds very inviting, and since we are in Austin we are already pretty close to Salado. I have another friend who just got his blue '02 who also might be interested in dropping by.

Any chance that one of your members last name is Ford? If yes, then I mey his son Brad last week in Austin. We talked about old and new birds all through dinner.

Charlie Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back