Michigan Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluetbird2002

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I see owners from all over the country getting together for tours and rallys but nothing
frown.gif
here in Michigan.

We have "hatched" every single bird but they all seem to leave the nest and fly away.

I am scheduled to receive my triple blue baby the week of April 8th and have nowhere to go to mingle with others of similar parentage
rolleyes.gif

Is there anything scheduled in the Michigan/Ohio area?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

bluetbird2002, if you can wait for the first week in August, there will be three of us with blue premiums getting together in central Michigan - ECWilson, Tip and myself [I'm coming back for a family reunion - born and raised in Detroit]. Would love to have you join the bluebird parade in Grand Rapids.

bluetbird2002 - I have you written down as a potential gatherer when you get your car, and the weather turns.

Any other Michigan area people interested in getting together, please post here or e-mail me. We will arrange a spring get-together, possibly in April.

Also, you are certainly welcome to join us in August as well.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

Originally posted by bluetbird2002:
I see owners from all over the country getting together for tours and rallys but nothing
frown.gif
here in Michigan.

We have "hatched" every single bird but they all seem to leave the nest and fly away.

I am scheduled to receive my triple blue baby the week of April 8th and have nowhere to go to mingle with others of similar parentage
rolleyes.gif

Is there anything scheduled in the Michigan/Ohio area?

Slyfoxxmi lives in Monroe and hopes to get our bird this week or next. Can a red bird fly with you blue birds?

Slyfoxxmi - You bet! I will add you to the list. E-mail me your name/phone and preferred e-mail address. Be sure to mention your posting name so I recognize you.

Anyone else who wishes to be added, please do the same.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium

Tony - Yes I will try to make it. Send me your dates when you decide. Perhaps Tip will be able to come over too.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium

Thanx for all the responses.

First to Birdbrain, I appreciate your invitation but the first week in August I will be pedaling my _ _ _ _ (self) around the upper pennisula. My kids and I are riding the Bow-Tie this summer.

April sound great! My bird is supposed to be delivered the week of April 8th. If it isn't delayed, I will be taking a few days of "paternity leave" to bring my baby home.

It is almost a mile to the dealship so I figure it won't be more than 3-4 days before I get it home.

To slyfoxxmi, You know the old saying, 'Birds of ALL colors flock together" or something like that.

I have been waiting for 3 years for this bird, others have said "after that long what is another 2 weeks?"

My answer is "eternity"!!
frown.gif

I look forward to meeting everyone else that is as crazy about the tbird as I am.
biggrin.gif

We should try to get as many birds together as possible. I'm not prejudiced against other colors
smile.gif
We could cruise together from Grand Rapids to Chicago for the start of the BIG parade. I'd still like to take part in Thunder, if there are no hard feelings with the promoter...

Come one, come all-the more we get the better the run will be.

As of right now, we only have about 15 Birds starting the trip-I want to see 40 start it out.

------------------
**********, **************************

Put me on the e-mail list I live in southeast MI! Sounds like a lot of blue cars. Ordered my car over a year ago and still nothing yet.

Question for Chris: Do you like your partial blue? Same as what I have ordered. Any regrets on not getting the full blue?

Myself, still debating that partial decision.

Dave
-Premium/Blue/Blue/Partial

2k2Blue, welcome to the club!

Color is such an individual preference, it's hard to recommend to someone else. I have to say, though, I got the full blue because I thought the interior needed some variety and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. It's much more subtle than the pre-production aqua color, kind of a blue-grey. The first thing people say when they check out the inside is ooh, I love the contrast. If you still have the option, I say go for it!

I don't know if anyone is keeping a mailing list for Michigan, but it sounds like a good idea. Maybe we can all take the Wixom tour in August [and look for 2003 test builds :].

Reading back, I see that Birdbrain is making a list. You can include me as an ex-Michigander, and use my reply address for any group mailings, BB. Looking forward to meeting you all somewhere down the road!

-

2k2Blue - I really prefer the partial in all colors. That's not to say that the full accent isn't great looking. I simply prefer the "understated" contrasting color. In addition, I am not wild about bright colored plastic components in a car interior, even though Ford did a great job of color-matching. I also think the full blue accent brings to attention that the blue color is that of the T-Bird logo, and not the exterior blue. I notice this contrast less with the partial. Just my opinion, no regrets.

My friend Tip (posting name) has the full accent, and he prefers that. He also added the chrome bezel on the scoop and loves that. As they say, different strokes for different folks.

Please e-mail me your name and phone number so we can coordinate a Michigan gathering. I am trying to assemble the Michigan list as I get e-mails. We are shooting for a first gathering in early to mid April.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium

I'm up for an April and August meeting. In April, I will be out of town from the 18th to the 22nd. Other than that, I should be pretty good.

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - GOT IT AND LOVE IT!

Yellow '76

Do you think you Michiganites would like to see some Birds from Ohio fly up there in April? I live right on lake erie, not far from cedar point, and would love to jaunt up to your neighborhood. By the way, i'm blue/blue full premium.

Panz - You are more than welcome to join us.

Pooh - Can't wait, it will be like meeting a long lost friend!

Cruisers - Rather than calling this a Michigan gathering, perhaps the "Great Lakes NewBirds - Cruise 1" is more appropriate. From the dates in April, the only one not excluded by those responding is April 27th. Let's try to shoot for that.

Suggestions on meeting place and itinerary are welcome. If a SE Michigan event is desired, perhaps someone in that area could take care of the details. An idea that comes to mind is Greenfield Village.

My suggestion is in SW Michigan, and Tip and I could take care of the details. Meet at "Rosies Diner" just north of Rockford on M-57 (from the old Bounty TV Commercials) for lunch and photo opportunity. Cruise down to Saugatuck, a neat arts community near Holland for the afternoon and evening. Often spot nice cars there (the Chicago crowd hangs out there). It has nice restaurants, shops and boardwalk. I can try to arrange a reserved parking area on the main street for the group.

The list so far includes:

Slyfoxxmi Monroe, MI
Tip - Grand Rapids, MI
Bluetbird2002 - Novi, MI
Panz - Amherst, OH
WixomPooh - Brownstown, MI
Birdbrain - Rockford, MI

Any others interested in joining us are welcome. I can provide a local lodging list for those who wish to make a weekend out of it. Feel free to e-mail me with questions.

PS - I think we just picked up a yellow with partial interior. First I will have the opportunity of seeing! That would make Blue/Red/Yellow. All we need is Black and White now for a full pallet of colors!!

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium

-

Originally posted by Birdbrain:

Cruisers - Rather than calling this a Michigan gathering, perhaps the "Great Lakes NewBirds - Cruise 1" is more appropriate. From the dates in April, the only one not excluded by those responding is April 27th. Let's try to shoot for that.

Suggestions on meeting place and itinerary are welcome. If a SE Michigan event is desired, perhaps someone in that area could take care of the details. An idea that comes to mind is Greenfield Village.

My suggestion is in SW Michigan, and Tip and I could take care of the details. Meet at "Rosies Diner" just north of Rockford on M-57 (from the old Bounty TV Commercials) for lunch and photo opportunity. Cruise down to Saugatuck, a neat arts community near Holland for the afternoon and evening. Often spot nice cars there (the Chicago crown hangs out there). It has nice restaurants, shops and boardwalk. I can try to arrange a reserved parking area on the main street for the group.

Slyfoxxmi Monroe, MI
Tip - Grand Rapids, MI
Bluetbird2002 - Novi, MI
Panz - Amherst, OH
Birdbrain - Rockford, MI

Any others interested in joining us are welcome. I can provide a local lodging list for those who wish to make a weekend out of it. Feel free to e-mail me with questions.

Originally posted by Birdbrain:

My suggestion is in SW Michigan, and Tip and I could take care of the details. Meet at "Rosies Diner" just north of Rockford on M-57 (from the old Bounty TV Commercials) for lunch and photo opportunity. Cruise down to Saugatuck, a neat arts community near Holland for the afternoon and evening. Often spot nice cars there (the Chicago crown hangs out there). It has nice restaurants, shops and boardwalk. I can try to arrange a reserved parking area on the main street for the group.

Slyfoxxmi Monroe, MI
Tip - Grand Rapids, MI
Bluetbird2002 - Novi, MI
Panz - Amherst, OH
Birdbrain - Rockford, MI

179 miles from Monroe to Rockford Michigan, 3 hrs 7 min according to mapquest.com Sounds like a fun trip-Slyfoxx

I replied as John McCarthy and I are headed to a meeting at Dearborn-more than likely the first week of April-if some of you want to join up with us, fine.

I'll be screaming through in my Bad Bird!

------------------
**********, **************************

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back