Metro Atlanta Thunderbird Gathering a Huge Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone that showed their support for our first Thunderbird gathering in Atlanta. The weather was beautiful and the cars looked great in the bright sunlight. We had a large group that turned out for the event, along with quite a few Thunderbird's. We have only just begun, but it was a great start! I have posted a few photos of the gathering at
http://photos.groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/lst

Look for "Atlanta Gathering"

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Great Pictures!

Too bad the Thunderbird Blue and Inspiration Yellow weren't available....

The entire link was not underlined. Copy and paste the URL and be sure to include everything to the "view=t". The last characters are not included in the link for some reason.

-

-

Wanted to verify that the URL is correct. Tried twice and got "This page cannot be displayed"

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

It's easiest just to put in the short url: http://photos.groups.*********/group/newtbirddata/lst which gets us to the photos and tell us which folder to look in - in this case the "Atlanta Gathering"

looks like you had a good group. Hope to see more flocks of 'birds in the future.

Just noticed those "wings" in the porthole of the black bird - photo #7 - they really stand out from a distance. Look good!

-

I've tried the "long" url route before and it just doesn't work as yahoo makes the photo urls too long to work on this message board - they get wrapped and we lose the full link capabilities.

Suggestion:
tbird, our moderator, offered to put up pictures to this forum if they were emailed to him. I've noted that the newtbirddata photos pages are "off limits" right now, probably due to bandwidth useage from looking at some of the high resolution pictures that were uploaded to that site from this gathering. Might be a good idea to take him up on that offer.

It was a great gathering....lots of fun and good company.
Thanks to TBirdTim, the meeting was well organized. We all look forward to the weekend in the North Ga. mountains in April when more of us will have our birds.

Good to see people who I have met before at other TBird events....TBirdMarty, flybird, and DavidA. And great to meet new Atlanta 'Bird lovers....saw a NM Bird for the first time....they are beautiful, as you would expect. All of the owners reported nothing but wonderful experiences with their fabulous new cars....no skid pad or slalom disappointments (LOL). The cars looked gorgeous in the beautiful Georgia sunshine. Thanks to all for making this a very enjoyable event. I look forward to seeing you all and more folks in April.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

-

thenewtbird2 : The car in Picture #7 is mine. Thank you for the comment on the porthole wings. We kinda like them too.

------------------
#1429 Black Premium with Full Red Interior.

-

That's a good idea, DavidA. The Atlanta group has a new site at:
http://groups.*********/group/metroatlantathunderbirdclub/

You can see more photos of our gathering there.

I would like to second joelja's comments on our get together this past Sunday. That was probably the largest gathering of 02 birds outside of any official Ford event. It was a great day and TbirdTim is to be commended for pulling this thing together. I really enjoyed meeting the other posters and hope that our next gathering will see an increase of Birds to our flock. Especially two blues and a white one. The only problem with this meeting was that it gave my wife a serious case of new bird fever. She says she had it under control until Sunday and saw all those birds.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back