Metro Atlanta T-Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Great idea, GABIRD. I would love to have a gathering of the flock, sometime soon. I won't get mine for another three months....but in the meantime, us birdless people could gawk at ya'lls birds.

Any of you metro Atlant folks thinking about going to Wixom for a plant tour?? I am thinking about it.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

I think that it would be a great idea to get everyone together in the Atlanta area... maybe after the Holidays! It would also be great to get together for a parking lot picnic somewhere in Atlanta when the weather gets warmer. Of course the cars will draw others when they are displayed in public, but that's part of the fun of having the TBird!

TbirdTim
White/White
VIN 5099
Arrived 12/03 Marietta, GA

A couple of people on my list have not received their cars yet, so January may be a little early. I would like to identify as many as possible in case anyone else has other names to be added to the list.

I'm with GABIRD...I would love to wait until at least March...not only because I SHOULD have my bird by then, but it will be closer to convertible weather!

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

Joel,

I'll be back down with Amadeus for the Peach Bowl---we've a basketball game in Chapel Hill on Sunday night (the 30th), and will be leaving the Dean Dome to drive to Atlanta around 10PM---staying at the same Fairfield, so the hardtopped version will be there on Monday. It'll be early Monday morning getting there, but there we shall be....

Thanks for the coordination effort. We won't get mama's bird until Feb. or so but will watch for any events. (Ordered mats for Christmas just to keep up the excitement.)

Just a suggestion:

Right now there are about 10 of us on Jack's list. It looks like about 5 have their cars and 5 do not. I am one of the do not's.
January is a boring/dull month. No baseball, no college football, less pro football...but we don't have pro football in Atlanta, anyhow. Again, just a suggestion. Why don't we pick a Saturday or Sunday afternoon to get together at a mutually agreed to location for an hour or two and put together the beginnings of a small but growing group that will grow over time of '02 Bird owners in the area. We can come up with two or three ideas of outings, rallies, etc. that we will do during the Spring/Summer when we will all have our cars. In the meantime we can have the meeting, develop the ideas, bring TBird stuff that we have bought to the meeting to show the other folks who haqve not seen some of the stuff, AND those who have their cars can bring them so us have nots can see them.
Again, just a suggestion. Comments....thoughts???

------------------

joelja,

I like your thoughts. If everyone can come up with a common place we can plan just such an activity, to be enjoyed by those that do wish to participate. Just being around actual birds would probably help with the wait, for those in the group that don't have their cars yet.

That sounds like a good idea to me...

How about meeting someplace with a fairly flat, paved area that has a scenic background (maybe around one of the lakes or mountains), so that we can get some great photo shots of the cars as a group. It could also be someplace that we could meet later in the Spring, to get an updated photo when the circle of cars has grown and to have our picnic. It could be someplace just outside of metro Atlanta. Any thoughts of locations? Do we want to set a date and time (with a rain/snow date in mind) so that we can start getting feed back from everyone that would attend?

It seems that most of us live in North metro
Atlanta. Why don't we meet at a pub or sports bar around the Holcomb bridge/Jimmy Ccarter Blvd. area...somewhere with a relatively large parking lot. We can take pictures, then go inside and get something to eat/drink.....and plan our spring/summer event(s). Just my proposal...I am open for any suggestions...just trying to kick things off.

------------------

If your looking for a senic back drop how about Stone Mountain or Kennesaw Mountain? When in Helen one weekend we ran across a group of Miatia owners from the Nashville Tenn. area that were doing a weekend run. This sort of thing sounds like fun.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Joel;

Are you or someone else still working on this idea? The holidays are over and it's time to start planning for the upcoming spring.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Right now, I am not doing anything...based on the previous responses, it looked like most people wanted to wait until Spring. but as I said earlier i am game for anything. Does anyone want to help me put something togheter...maybe a committee of 2 or 3 would be good to get things going. Any thoughts???

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back