Last seen
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.jpg

1966 Thunderbird 2-Door Landau Special

390 V-8, overhauled around 5,000 miles ago

3-Speed Dual Range Automatic

3.00 axle ratio

Maroon Metallic, originally Raven Black

Vinyl Black interior

This ’66 T-Bird is a solid driver that idles, accelerates, and cruises well. It was built in April of 1966 in Salt Lake City, and my grandfather bought it from a mechanic in Lubbock, TX. He brought it back to Nebraska, painted it maroon to match his other ’66 T-Bird, and replaced the landau top. West Texas and Nebraska are very dry climates to keep the rust away.

He sold it to his son (my uncle) around 10 years ago, and I’m now helping my uncle sell it. In that time this car has only seen exercise mileage.

In preparation for the sale, in 2016 we had a body shop hand sand the paint to remove imperfections. They went over it twice, first with 750 grit and then with 1500 grit, then washed it and final-polished it with an orbiter. The paint on the sides is very nice, on the top surfaces there are still a few spots, cracks, and swirls, but as you can see it is nice and bright.

In my time with the car, these are the things I saw that need work:

The power window switches stopped working a year ago

There’s a rip in the driver’s seat cushion, the power driver’s seat joystick is broken, and there’s a chunk missing from the driver’s seat armrest

The front seat cushion’s foam material is old and flaking

The coolant temp gauge isn’t working, or is possibly not hooked up

One of its Michelins has a slow leak

The car’s maintenance records were never written down by my grandfather. However, he was an automotive and aviation mechanic, and the years I worked with him he was overly conservative with service intervals and maintenance needs. And went through gallons of Syntec synthetic on his cars!

My uncle is wanting around $8,500 for it, please PM me if interested.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back