May I please ask who is going to Parsippany?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very polite topic, huh? 57 Bluebird & Pat mentioned on another thread that it would be interesting to see who is going to Parsippany in the next couple of weeks. I agree and also would like to know. We will be caravaning in our2002 blue/white T-Bird with another couple in a beautiful black 55 Thunderbird.So one of the oldest and one of the newest Thunderbirds will be traveling across the country together. It will be interesting to listen to all the remarks and comments when we stop for gas, restaurants, motels, rest stops, etc. It sounds like "Destination Thunderbird" is going to be a ton of fun but unfortunately not all of us can make it. But those of us going to Parsippany won't be just twiddling our thumbs. Some of the things they have planned for us are an all day trip to Atlantic City, a stage show featuring the "Duprees", a New York City and Radio City backstage tour, a "Sopranos" dinner show, a hospitality room of course, and much, much more. It will be fun to meet any of you from this forum who will be attending the convention. Our car will be in the "Display" class with an ugly windshield. It has two bad cracks in it and I'm ebarassed about that, but the replacement windshield that came in yesterday was cracked worse then the one in the car. Couldn't get another one from the factory before we leave. At least I don't have to worry about flying rocks on the trip back. I will be looking for 57 Bluebird's Starmist Blue 57 that should stick out like a sore thumb since it has been "Zainoized".I also know George & Dot's Willow Green 57 will be there. Hope to meet many more of you there.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

hobobob's correct - we'll be there with our 57. We'll also be stopping by Atlanta on our way home.

Hobobob,
My husband Ken and I will be there for a
few days. We arrive on Fri. and leave on
Sun. This is only a two hour ride for us
since we live in south Jersey. We are
planning on taking the new Bird. We will
look for you. Have a safe and happy trip
across this great country.

------------------
Lucille
-----------
'87 TurboCoupe
'02 Blue#114987
'96 Bronco
'98 Windstar Van
'95 Miata M Edition
'95 Miata Red/Tan

Bob, I am getting pretty excited about this whole convention. I hope we do get bird spottings along the route. Like I said I hope we all get to meet each other. Even though I live in NJ I will be staying at the Hilton. My '57 will be in Touring Class. I live close enough and may even run home for my '02. I had volenteered to help "park" the cars.

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue

Bob, I've made arrangements to attend. Will fly in Sunday am, see the stuff, take in the Soppranos, stay Monday am for swap meet and fly out early afternoon. I'll bring my daughter, Natalie's volley ball elbow pads for shopping the swap meet.
Steve Legel
blue 55
rose 57
6,000 pieces memorabilia

Bob, I've made arrangements to attend. Will fly in Sunday am, see the stuff, take in the Soppranos, stay Monday am for swap meet and fly out early afternoon. I'll bring my daughter, Natalie's volley ball elbow pads for shopping the swap meet.
Steve Legel
blue 55
rose 57
6,000 pieces memorabilia

57 bluebird, were you the one I talked to about them passing through York Pa. and stopping at the Harley Plant. I was going to jump in for the drive out of York. If you are then please give me a date when this will happen. I think you did this but it was a long time ago and us old folks tend to forget.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

-

GOBird, Yes This is what I have. They are meeting in York on June 25. On Wed. June 26in the morning, they they are going to the Harley plant and museum. In the afternoon they will caravan to the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing, and then to the Gettysburg National Military Park. On Thursday the 27th they will caravan to Parsippany, Nj. They are staying at the Holiday Inn on Arsenal Rd. Be advised I will not be with them, I will be busy here in NJ. I'm sorry I don't have a number of birds that will be coming through York, but I'm sure they will be thankful to know they have T-Bird friends along the way.

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue

gobird,
if you do hook up with that group, I know a number of people that will be taking the HD tour, coming from Texas and Washington - I think hobobob is planning to take in the tour & he & his wife will be in their 02 blue with white top 'bird and traveling with a black 55 as described in the beginning of this topic. And introduce yourself to the blonde lady from Texas, think she'll be in a grey metallic 57 with her husband. There are others that chryslertcnut & I know that will also be taking the tour.

we're leaving a day later so will miss the tour.

robertg1234,
I have at least three cars from the Visalia
area in the Central Valley that are being driven to Parsippany for the International convention. You don't need to ship your car if its a good car to drive. Some of the concourse cars are even driven. There are classes for nearly any '55 - '57 T-Bird. They run from Display cars to Gold Medallion show cars that never get driven more than the distance to and from the air-conditioned trailer. There are currently 80 cars in the Concourse and 48 cars in touring. I don't have numbers for the Display class but it should be over 30 cars. That's over 150 cars on the show field.
Very few people use a commercial car hauler to get thier cars to an International show, in fact, I don't recall ever seeing one on a commercial hauler, they are all on/in private trailers or driven.
George.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back