Major Excitement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out that my car is being built next week. Dave Davis tells me that they should start late Monday with the car in Body on Tuesday, Paint on Wednesday and Trim on Thursday. Those of you who have taken the tour or those who work at Wixom, which day would be the most interesting for me to take the plant tour?

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - Being built week of 2/11

Yellow '76

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Tip - definitely Thursday. Ask Dave to call you on Wednesday with an approximate time to see the car at the end of the line on Thursday. I saw mine before the seats and trim were in, and later when it was within 50 feet of the end of the line, and the final items were being installed.

You'll have a really great day!
Chris

Thanks for the input! Thursday it is!

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - Being built week of 2/11

Yellow '76

Tip: I hope you're right, mine is to be built today also. I think I may have a longer wait than you, I just realized you live in Michigan (DUH) Mass. is a little further from Wixom. Can't believe I didn't notice before as many times as we've emailed. LOL

------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental waiting for red/red/std blk premium (#2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60E62Y111592)
Mass. tag JWBIRD Christmas gift from #3 daughter

Tip: today's the trip day, let us hear your impressions. Hoping the wait is almost over.
Originally posted by Tip:
Thanks for the input! Thursday it is!

------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental waiting for red/red/std blk premium (#2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60E62Y111592)

Tip - 111538 started down the line today, should finish tomorrow and go to shipping.

Jawill2000 - did not see 111592 but did see lots of higher numbers, will look again tomorrow.

Thanks for the update, redbird! My trip to Wixom was delayed til Friday at 10 am. I hope to see my car then.

------------------

Yellow '76

Thanks Redbird I really appreciate your efforts on behalf of all of us on this board.
Originally posted by redbird:
Tip - 111538 started down the line today, should finish tomorrow and go to shipping.

Jawill2000 - did not see 111592 but did see lots of higher numbers, will look again tomorrow.

------------------
Jim Williams

Redbird I just got off the 800 line and they tell me my car was produced Friday 02/15/02 can you supply an estimate of when it will be shipped or an ETA? Tahnks again.
Originally posted by redbird:

------------------
Jim Williams

jawill2000, well I'm not redbird, he may give you a better date then I can. But mine was built on a Fri. and shipped on a Mon. arrived at the dealer on Fri of that week. Mine didn't have to go quite as far as yours so it may take a couple extra days to get there. Hope this helps. Believe me I know what the wait is like.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back