Maisto 1/18th Models Special Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check BJ's for the model. Noted tonight that they are now handling these. Saw two black 2002 t-birds with black/red interiors.

These tops do remove.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I found the 1:25 in black, but have disassembled to paint to match the car we have..t-bird blue. hardtop removes and does have full trim insert colors.

------------------
2002 Thunderbird blue
2001 Mag Red Corvette vert.
2000 Aqua Marine PT Cruiser
1968 Rally Red Corvette roadster

Sams in our area has a huge selectin of 1/18th Maisto cars. I have found a blue,a black and a yellow tbird hardtop and a red convertible. I also found the prototype black convertible with all red interior and chrome wheels.
Ed Robbins
Triple Black #4430

I've purchased both the 1/25 concept car convertible and the 1/18 hardtop, luckily the only one of each that the hobby shops had was in my color, torch red.

How do you get the hard top off? It seemed to come loose from the visors but it didn't want to come off from the body. I didn't want to rip it off and screw up the model.

------------------
red/red/partial red

While visiting a hobby shop on Saturday
I noticed a 1/18 scale model of the James
Bond special edition. Didn't see any notes
regarding 2003 tho.

Debi,
Currently, none of the T-Bird diecasts come with the premium wheels. In fact, most of them (until the 007 Coral was released) had the concept car version of the painted wheel (24 spoke instead of the production 21). One of our members has been in contact with Maisto and raised the question of making future versions of the car with the premium wheel, since that is what most cars have on them. They were going to discuss it with their production people. We'll just have to wait and see...

------------------
Blue Premium, Blue Top w/partial accent
02 Black Taurus SE

Thanks BLUE HEAVEN, for the update on the diecast cars. It would be pretty neat to get one in my blue color no matter what the wheels looked like, but it would be a much better match with the correct wheels. But I don't have the hardtop either.

We have a Maisto model of our black Corvette with the scarce Firethorn Red interior - most were black - and it's nice to have the exact model instead of something close.

------------------
Debi in MI
2002 T-Bird blue
1997 Corvette black
1987 Cougar XR-7 black

Debi,
You can still find the blue birds in some toy and hobby stores. Exoticar out of Massachusettes also carries it (www.exoticar.com). And of course, there are usually a couple of them for sale on ebay. These cars all come with the full accent interior. I have the partial, so I painted the interior of my blue diecast to match my real bird. Now, if it only had the right wheels!!!

------------------
Blue Premium, Blue Top w/partial accent
02 Black Taurus SE

Debi- If you're willing to search a little, you can find the Maisto model in various colors at Wal-Mart or Target for $14.99. It's the luck of the draw as to what colors you'll find, but I found the blue in the third store I checked, and red in the second store. Others have mentioned they've found them at Sam's Club at $9.99.

------------------
PK- Blue/Full Blue/Blue Top #16336

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back