Looking for 2005 Windshield Wiper recommendations

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
DWEnviro
Last seen
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2005 Thunderbird and I'm looking for any recommendations, good or bad, on replacing my windshield wipers. I have tried dozens. After a few months they all seem to not work well. I recently saw the Rain-x Latitude Water Repellency wipers and was wondering if anyone has tried them? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Moderator Note: Get reviews on wiper blades here. Select car year, and then click wipers http://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/2002-2005-new-parts-for-sale-on-amazon.5011/

Last edited by a moderator:
I never really had a wiper problem with my 05 but lately I've had excellent results with Michelin wiper blades and I like their clean look - my perspective for what it's worth...

I've had a hard time getting good wiper effectiveness on my 2008 Dodge Dakota (no problem with the TBird). I tried 5 of the "major" brands and contacted each company to get as much help as possible for the right fit and to find out if the problem was contributed to by the car design?

While each company "talked" to me, most just gave the perfunctory "customer service" speak or followed the script they had be trained to.
Only michelin took me seriously and "worked" with me to make sure I got the right blades, the right pressure on the shield and did the proper installation. It seemed important to them that I have the things "work" not just be satisfied that I'd contacted "customer service".
Not surprisingly, I found Michelin to be the best product, as well and yes, the best "look" as well. So Michelin blades are on all my vehicles now.

Thanks everyone. I did end up with the Rain-X Latitude wipers. So far they are working fine - but I do notice them more so than previous wipers - like a black box attached to the wipers. I'll let you all know in about 6 months - or as soon as it starts to rain again here in Florida! Next ones I try will be Michelin if these don't work out.

I have chatter with Bosc Icon now as never before...could it be the arms that are failing to hold the blades down under wind speed at plus 75 mph?

I found the chatter is often from the old age or deterioration of the blade itself. If I swap them out the old with new (usually a beam blade) that quiets the wipers right down. I also find a year or so is the life expectancy of the blades.. Nothing like new blades in the rain!

I use Bosch Envision on all my cars - they seem to hold up to the intense Florida sunshine and UV much better than other brands. Not cheap - but then I'm not replacing them every year either.

Back