Locked Out | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Locked Out

• Thread starter Thread starter kd7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K
Reaction score
2003 Thunderbird - Battery is dead and I'm locked out (original battery). The key won't turn the lock in door. Has been a daily driver until 2 months ago. Once I get inside and running I'm sure I'll need a new battery. For now I'm trying to get inside without calling locksmith. Any suggestions?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

kd7:
That's about the same as someone locking both sets of keys in their trunk. So I searched and came up with what this guy did for you:

"Packed up the Bird including bag with spare key. Drop primary key in trunk, close it, everything was locked. Called AAA who arrived an hour later.
Got inside car door within 15 minutes". --- Now kd, I won't post the rest of his message since both his keys were in the trunk he had locks to pick. You do not.
So if AAA get's you in (or a locksmith) take your key and behind the drivers seat is a manual keylock to open your trunk. Then AAA can jump the car and off you go to get a new battery.
Now, if you do not have AAA, check your yellow pages for a AAA provider and see if they will come out and help you get in the car. The only difference is, if you are not a member, you will pay for that service.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back