license plates

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
Speaking of license plates, does anyone have or know of some cool vanity plate names? I've been looking for one but all the ones I think of seem to be gone. Especially anything having to do with red birds. Seems like the St. Louis Cardinal fans have them all.

------------------
Torch red, red top, black interior

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have a red Bird and I really wanted "RED CAR" but it was already taken. Likewise "RED ONE", "RED" etc, etc. Likewise "RED BIRD" and all variants. So I went with "RED KITE" which is a European raptor - a kind of hawk. (I come from the UK originally.) Plus. "KITE" is old-fashioned British slang for a plane, and by extension a personal fun sports car. I'm happy with it, except I don't like the slight asymmetry of using 3 + 4 letters, which is why I wanted "RED CAR" in the first place. Can't have everything, I guess.

I tried following the line "Dot's License Plates Pages" but just get a "can't find web page" message. Does it work for you?

------------------
Torch red, red top, black interior

Get this. My wife tried to get "BLU GIRL" for her blue/white bird. It was available but was rejected because of the drinking and driving connotation! (Labatts Blue beer)

Living in the Detroit area, I feared that industry insiders would have snatched up all the good bird related plates before I got my white bird last April but after trying more than a few choices I was happy to get "NEWBIRD". Hope you find one you like too!

Cameron Lynn
white/white

I think I got a pretty cool one in THUNDRB. I really wanted something to do with bluebird not only because of the car color, but I collect a lot of "blue" things. BLEWBRD was available but I wasn't sure I liked that spelling. THUNDER was gone too so I settled. Don't forget there's all those "older" T-Birds out there still and plenty of the great vanity plates are still on them. Some others might be TWOBIRD (for 2002) and other spellings like TWO BRD, TU BIRD, TOO BIRD, etc. You'd be surprised how many different spellings you can come up with. GR8 (great) can be combined with BIRD or CAR or something too.

Not on a Bird, but I saw a plate today on a pickup that said RESQME.

------------------
Debi in MI
2002 T-Bird blue/full blue/no top
1997 Corvette black
1987 Cougar XR-7 black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back