Let The Stories Begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today while buying gas in Oklahoma City a man approached and said that he wanted to look at the new Thunderbird. He said that he had not seen one except on the TV add. As always I was happy to let him look, but then he said that his son was good frinds with the designer of the car---I said to myself "yea right I am sure he knoews the designer". But then he said that his son was a college frind of J. Mays. So maybe he did know the designer!!!
Let's hear about other nice things caused by the car.

Two more people should be happy soon, saw a red over red and a yellow over yellow on transport headed south on I35 just north of OKC.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Today a guy came up to me and my freshly waxed Bird and said get the hell out of the car, gimme the keys and stole it.

Let the stories begin.....

Tbird

Greenwr-

Thought I should tell you that even though J Mays is the Vice-President of Design at Ford, the person truly responsible for the design of the new Birds is Doug Gaffka, Chief Design Engineer. J was just the man who kept the team focused, Doug was the man who came up with the idea of taking a 55 Thunderbird and having his people wash the car over 1000 times to get a feel of what it felt like, then translating that feel into the new Bird.

------------------

I have been pulled over once by a Denver Police officer, JUST to take a look at the car!

Yesterday I took pictures of my NM Bird for Birdman93 and the owner of White Fence Farm Restaurant gave me permission to use the grounds and building for background if I would let his employees take a look at the Bird.
I don't mind showing off, but Mr. Wilson's wife just bought a new Sebring convertible.
When I answered her question about the removable top, she cringed.
Then they all cringed when they found out Colorado dealers are getting $10K over MSRP.

I hope the pictures do the restaurant justice.
It is one of Colorado's institutions, serving fine home style Chicken meals, by the friendliest people in the State.

------------------
'56 + '02 Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back