Leather steering wheel

D

Drake Nakaishi

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I have a light sand leather steering wheel that needs replacement. The upholstery places that I talked to do not want to take on the job. They said the steering wheel might need to be replaced because they are worried that they might effect the airbag.

I can go on line and find leather replacement but they are all black or other colors but not light sand.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My tan steering wheel was getting in bad shape and my son painted it with leather paint and it helped it tremendously.

I have the same issue with my steering wheel and shifter. Have not tried it yet but did pick up some leather paint that was a close match and will try to find the specs on it to share. Since I prefer the wheel with the painted wood I've been debating getting one of those instead and painting the black painted wood in the light sand color.

I'd be curious if anyone would have luck with this.

For what it's worth, I've found several NOS 2002-2005 Thunderbird parts on ebay. I recently inherited my father's 2002 Neiman Marcus car, and I wanted to clean up a few items - the steering wheel being one. An ebay seller had the correct NM steering wheel, NIB, for $250, shipped to my CA door. From my own personal experience, leather paint, particularly on a steering wheel, won't last very long,

The key to finding the right part is to figure out what the original Ford part number is - once you have that, you can quickly find various places that carry it.

Back