leather care

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so confused. I've never had real leather seats before and I want to keep them nice. I've read links about vat dyed vs painted on color and care of each. Any recommendations for my yellow inserts to protect them? Too many products for me to figure out. Some say Lexol gets sticky etc. Help friends.

------------------

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

As stated here sometime ago, 303 protectant is a great product. I used it on my yellow inserts and whole interior and very happy with the results. Go to the web address below and see for yourself. http://www.303-products.com/

------------------
(2)Turbo Coupes
Yellow 2002 11528 in the shed

I to was wondering just how long we should wait before putting anything on our new seats.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Best thing you can get for leather-

Saddle Soap!

Great cleaner-and it has ingredients that help feed the leather and keep it soft and supple. I use saddle soap for all of the leather in my 93, and have used it for years to care for tack and saddles at home.

------------------
**********, **************************

While on the subject, I get a mag every couple of months but never ordered anything out of it. They have a lot of car care products. Just wondering if anyone on the board has tried their products. The company is Griot's Garage. Any comments on them.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

I'm goin gto use the Saddle Soap that I got from my Jaguar dealer. I used it on my Jags several times and the seats never cracked or looked worn. It was more expensive than generic, but I'm sure it's the same thing.

Gobird-I ordered all my products for the new bird from Griots. I've used the car wash and Best of Show Wax and was very pleased with the results. The wheel cleaner is fabulous on my chrome wheels...it seems mild (nice smell) but cleans very well. I love the result of the Tire and Rubber Dressing on the tires, but am a little iffy on it for the interior. It leaves a shiny, non-greasy finish, but seems to be water soluble, so when it is raining and water drips onto the inside of the door it rinses the shine off and leaves a mottled appearance. I think I will try the 303 next for interior vinyl. I also used their Leather Care, and have the same opinion of that....it leaves a nice-looking, non-greasy finish, but spots up when it gets wet. For those that only drive their bird in sunny weather, these products would probably be great. The interior cleaner worked very well in removing a grease stain from the carpet that was there when I picked up the car. I haven't tried the other things I purchased yet (paint cleaning clay, speed shine) but overall I am happy with the products. I have never used anything else except what I could get at Wal Mart to make a comparison though.

This thread will probably be like the polish/wax thread. Different folks have their favorites. I am a Lexol fan. Used properly it does not leave any greasy residue. I have been using it for 20 years on leather interiors AND leather furniture in the house.
One fear I have concerns the quality of the leather used by Ford. No question there is a big difference in what the German cars use.
You look at the seats in a 20 yr old Mercedes or Porsche (or Jag for that matter) and you will see the difference. Hoping that Ford used a similar supplier as Jaguar for this T Bird leather.
The important point is pick your product and start using it BEFORE there are signs of wear. I don't care what it says on the label, once it starts showing signs of wear, you waited too long.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back