Knowing Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to get a final cost for the Bird from my dealer. They are charging MSRP for the car that will be in in the next couple of weeks. I have my build date and delivery date from the 800#. The dealer says he still doesn't have a price on this car although this is the first one he will get in that is loaded. Shouldn't he have the price by now. I need to set everything up before the car comes in so I can just pick it up when it comes in. Thanks for any help on this.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Sounds strange to me. The MSRP is printed out on the DORA, Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement, when the car is ordered. Good Luck

------------------
Jim

The MSRP is $39,795 fully loaded Premium w/ hardtop and full accent.
Ask your dealer if they charge dealer prep and handling and what the state title and doc prep fees are?
You should be loaded with all this information before you go to pickup your Bird.

For an excellent price beakdown go to this link www.kbb.com
This the free Kelly Blue Book pricing.
Select new car pricing, all cars, thunderbird.

Good Luck!

------------------
'56 + NM'02 Birds
F250, Olds Aurora 4.0
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES

Gobird, I have the price from my dealer as $39,290. That was the sticker price on the window. Is that what you want? Joy
6%tax 2357.00
Title fee 22.50
registration 36.00
online process 12.75
other" fee 60.00
That is all the that was added. Fully loaded

FDCaptain, You know what,I just realized that they failed to charge me for the premium interior. (I think that was extra,right?) The saleswoman and I kinda had a heated argument about that. Then everything started to come together and I got the car and they forgot to bill me for it. How wonderful. Joy
Gobird , you can add $505.00 to my price.

Joy,

Do you have the full or partial interior accent? The $39,290 price includes $595 for the partial color interior accent. If you have the full ($800 option, $39,795 total) and only got charged for the partial, then you got away with a pretty good deal!

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 226K

Gobird,
Since your dealer has the VIN#, etc. on your car, he has received his dealer invoice (what Ford is charging him) for the car by Ford, according to dealer sources that were on the BON board last summer. Looks like he's giving you the runaround right now because they will be sitting down with you when the car comes and trying to sell you things like the extended warrantee. That's probably why he won't quote a set price right now. They want your heart to be talking and not your head when you see the car come in.

Check out those sources listed above. Also check out edmonds.com, They have lots of helpful hints for the new car buyer.

Originally posted by Gobird:
I am trying to get a final cost for the Bird from my dealer. They are charging MSRP for the car that

GoBird and All:

I think maybe the dealer is just being overly cautious to be sure that FMC does not raise the prices. As we know, the manufacturer *can* raise the prices during the model year. I would say if your car is due in two weeks, you should be able to get a price.

TBird

Finally got a price from our salesman last night. With dealer prep tags, ect. it came out to $39,990. plus 6% Pa. sales tax. Even got a loan last night from PeopleFirst.com over the web. Interest rate at 6.49, better then we could do around here.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

Gobird,

You did very well.
Congratulations, in Denver even those on 2 year waiting lists,would pay $49,990. The two other NM buyers in Denver are the only Bird owners who got lucky MSRP.

------------------
'56 + NM '02 Birds
'98F250'01 Olds Aurora4.0
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back