Klasse Expert Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TbirdMarty

VIP Contributor
Last seen
I just applied the Klasse sealant to Bruiser and I need some help from someone who is a fairly adept user of the products. I only used the sealant on the car since the instructions said that it was not necessary to use the all in one on a new finish. My question is this. Should it be difficult to remove the sealant once it has dried? I was reminded of the old days when you built up your arm muscles taking products like turtle wax off. I tried the Klasse out on my 98 black F150 first using the all in one first. It was simple to use. But when I applied the sealant (gray bottle) once it dried you could see any residue you hadn't gotten completely off. I don't want to start that Zaino vs. Klasse argument over again but one of the reasons I went with Klasse was it's simple application and fewer number of steps. I followed the instructions so if it does require extra effort to get off next time I will get out the buffer, unless that's a no-no. Any imput would be appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

TbirdMarty,all I can say is that this is what I have used on mine but I did use the all in one first. You may have to rub a little to get the sealant off. I didn't think it was that much of a problem. I haven't done this sense it got hot outside. This may cause it to be a little harder to get off, I don't know.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

is it possible you put it on too heavy? I have used klasse on 4 cars and never had a problem with removal - but I always used the all-in-one first. and it's always hot here.

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

I may have put it on a little thick. I use that old adage that if a little is good then a lot must be wonderful.

A little detailing tip for you. After letting the sealant dry, wipe it with a damp micro fiber towel. It will dry quickly and you can then wipe it off with no residue.
This also is a good tip for the all-in-one or any wax/polish application.
Yes, I am a Klasse user, and this works great on my yellow bird and my wife's dark green car.
(you can even go out to your car now, take damp cloth and I bet you will clear the residue quickly and almost effortlessly)

I have never used Klasse but I can recommend Zymol. I have had black cars for years and Zymol Carbon is easy to use, just don't let it dry on the paint. I also have small samples of their premium products, Concours, Destiny and Atlantique which are more difficult. I have not polished the T-Bird, only waxed it and it looks beautiful. When Zymol cures after a couple of hours the finish will look a little hazy. I always go over the whole car with a damp pure cotton diaper to remove the haze and follow it up with a dry diaper.

William Gardner
blk/blk/red partial prem

Lender 1
I also use Zynol on my black Thunderdird.
After it cures I go over the whole car with Mothers Instant Derailer. Try it looks grate.
I also use it when I can not Wash or wax the car.

Brooklyn,We are not allowed to wash our car at home right now because of the water shortage. You are saying that you use the Instand DERAILER
eek.gif
on your car dry. I have never used any of these products but don't you have to wipe them off and if so won't you scratch the finish if it has any dirt on it at all. I would think that it would, but like I said I have never used any of these before.
cool.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Gobird I have only washer my car 4 times picked up car Jannary 2002.Some times i use the California Car Duster first. I do the hood and trunk every day. Use a 100% white cotton towel that has not bin washed with fabric softener.

-

-

I bought the Klasse system and was not pleased to not be able to see where it was to wipe it off. I've gone back to Meguires and love their paste wax. I'll be happy to send Klasse products to anyone who wants them. Let me know.

Agree with the using a microfiber towel.
Another trick is to use a little Final Inspect Detailer on the towel. Really works well if you get it on to thick.

YES, use VERY, VERY little. If you can see it well you used too much.

Retro: Never did understand your frustration with not being able to SEE the stuff. I love that feature. HATE white stuff all over in the cracks. PLEASE send me an email, will be happy to give ya something for shipping me your product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back