keyless entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last seen
I want to put keyless entry on my 1992 Ford thudnerbird lx, it has power door locks and also has a keypad on the drivers door. is it capable, as it sits now, to have a keyfob from a 92 era ford programmed to it? if so, how would i go about doing that, if not. what do you suggest?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The keypad is keyless entry. If you don't know the entry code, there's a couple places it can be found (assuming the parts have never been replaced). If you still have the warranty card, it's on there, otherwise, it's on the underside of your trunk lid or taped to the computer module in your trunk (on that black tray at the top).

If you're talking remote keyless entry, then that's an aftermarket mod. You just purchase the system and have it installed or install it your self. The stock system can't be programed because it doesn't have a receiver. But you can tie into the stock system easy enough. I'm not sure how much they are, but if you're just getting remote keyless entry, those systems can't be too much.

and once again, 007supercoupe helps... you all need to have problems so i can return some of these favors to the thunderbird society

I do have problems...by car has not been running for a year and a half now... so if you're in the area, I can use manual labor...hehe

Actually, my alternator went out, I got sick so I couldn't work on it. I got better, but now it's cold so I've got to wait for it to warm up. Got the alternator rebuilt and prettied up, got other stuff to put on (O2 sensors, coil, valve body, etc). I got my intercooler fixed as it was leaking boost at just 5 psi and new tires, etc. I've got a lot to do, it's just getting it done. But lately it's been in the single digits here with wind chills well below 0*. I don't work well in temps below 55*, so I'm patiently waiting for spring to get here.

I've just been around the MN12 Thunderbird for a long time now. I've learned a ton about them. It's nice having a site like this to share some of that knowledge. There are other sites that are bigger, but you've got 50 people telling you what to do. Some are right, some are not. And then there's the people who are not right, but believe that they are 100% correct. I prefer to not get into it with them, so I just stay quiet. Here though, there's not enough people to have the "know it all's" that you find other places. I've learned a lot, but there's still a lot I don't know. And most of my knowledge is geared towards the Super Coupe as I don't have an LX anymore. But there is a lot that is the same. But don't worry, I'm sure there will be questions that I can't answer. It's no big deal. The thing is knowing where to look. For example, I didn't recall where the places were that had the code for the keyless entry (except the trunk lid) so I had to find out...It just so happens that my owner's manual is sitting right next to me here at the computer so it was an easy find.

Anyway, I'm just glad I can help. I willingly share what I know. I'll be of a lot of help if you ever get a Super Coupe though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back