just got my T-bird finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got the t-bird finally and thanx guys before for the pics and help on the t-bird. You guys were right, the first time it was a pain to put the soft top off and on but then it got better. The hardtop is a bit more complicated then a porsche but is much lighter which is good. here are some pics I took. I know they arent the best but still ok.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I hate that beeping sound when i dont put the seat belt on. Is there anyway to take it out for good? if anyone can tell me how to do it please that would be really good.
the suspension is perfect for roads like boston unlike the porsche where you can feel every single rock you run over. Doesnt have the same performance but that doesnt matter. its a cruiser not a performer.

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The procedure for disabling the seat belt warning is a little complicated. There is a detailed description in the owner's manual. I had to read it like a hymnal while I did the job. Can't help on the pics.

NCBlueBird

Your image links reference pages with restricted access. When you try to load them independently, the server complains, You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. Evidently it uses a cookie which had expired by your second attempt.

oodis:
Congratulations on your new ride from a neighbor in Chelmsford, MA. Those pics do not open you'll have to take a different route.
Happy T-Birding

Originally posted by George:
oodis:
Congratulations on your new ride from a neighbor in Chelmsford, MA. Those pics do not open you'll have to take a different route.
Happy T-Birding

Thanx George :)
This is a bit weird but when I went to my dealership I saw 4 in stock and when I went to pick mine up I saw about 8 others in stock and I havent seen any other T-birds in MA on the orad except my one.
I finally disablled the seat belt which was a bit complicated but it was more of a challenge like some sort of game show where you have to do everything within a 60 second period :)
download.php

download.php

download.php

download.php

download.php

download.php

download.php

download.php

OODIS's ride looks kinda familiar eh George? Congrats on your impeccable taste and enjoy Oodis. Jim W.
Originally posted by George:
oodis:
Happy T-Birding

-

Yes Jim, oodis' ride looks very familiar. I notice he still has the top on. I do as well. I just think that it looks so unique with the hard top on. I'll get it off one of these days.
Maybe we should organize a Breakfast or lunch get together some day before the bad weather comes in. Would there be any Massachusetts Birders out there up for this?
PS. oodis, your car is in front of a building that has a Twin Cities sign on it. Is that in Fitchburg, Ma? We have a Harley bike repair out there.

Actually George this is in somerville, MA in 14 McGrath Highway. If you go there you will see a thunderbird in inspiration yellow, parked there in the same position for atleast 8 months now. I live in cambridge and this location was next to star market where I always get my groceries from. It has only been 11 days since I purchased the bird and already I have to take it to the bodyshop. Some jackass decided to carelessly throw the shopping cart on the car. According to Sentry Ford, the bodywork will cost $437 and my insurance wont cover it because I dont know who hit it and if I do file a hit and run then my insurance goes up. its not worth it since either way I will be paying for it.
George is your own in red/red/red too?

oodis:
To answer your question, no, mine is a Triple Black. (In out and on top). However, JWILL2000 who asked the original question has a Red one.
Jim's from the Springfield area and he occasionally visits his daughter in Chelmsford. We met the last time he was here with his T-Bird but at that time I did not have my car.

thats good that other t-bird owners are meeting up in mass. :)

I have never seen a t-bird on the road besides mine in boston except for today which was a white with black interior t-bird with the soft top on. the plates were
Note From Moderator: License Plate Number removed for privacy reasons
Was that anyone on the boards? ;)
).]

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back