Intake manifold questions for a 1969 thunderbird

Eber - Prior to my carb replacement, I checked clearance under the hood with everything stock (manifold, carb, air cleaner), I had about 2" total, If you're adding 2" taller, it's going to be tight unless you're putting something else into the stack-up to make it lower. I had my most issues relative to the throttle linkage and kickdown lever. Edelbrock has lots of adapters to adjust and move things out. The caution is if you can still fit the stock air cleaner on if that's your desire. I nearly went with the Edelbrock chrome unit for fit, but I was able to get the stock to sit down properly. I think since you're replacing the intake, you won't have to deal with the choke stove issue that I had.

Measure the stackup of your old parts and compare to the stackup of your new parts, including air cleaner.

Good luck and have fun.

Rich
I agree 2"taller is going to be a very tight fit under the hood. I had to ditch the stock air cleaner because it wouldn't fit with the edlebrock intake.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Edelbrock or Holley? What is you guys preference on carb? I was going to go with a 750cfm. Just trying to get some ideas on what people opinions are of the two.
Hey i know ths is old but my two cents is holley is better but i always use edelbrock because theyre more user friendly easier to tune i think

Back