Installing port hole wings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
The instructions that came with the decals show a dry application. The last time I tried a dry application on a decal, I messed it up. Body shop guys have told me to always install them wet. Has anyone tried a wet application?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

On your larger decals a wet application is the only way to go, but on one as small as this it is not really necessary. Installed mine on the portholes two weeks ago as per instructions and they came out perfect. No bubbles, straight, & sharp looking.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

I ordered my wings when they first came out. Have not received anything yet and I did try to email the guy about them and I got a return on the address that I sent it to. Does anyone have A GOOD EMAIL address for this person so I can find out if he got my order or if I have to reorder.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

Gobird,

The guy that you ordered them from is David Akbari. His e-mail address is:

marietta@customsignstoday.com

If you have trouble reaching him by e-mail, you can call him at 770-859-0121

I hope this helps. Sorry about your delay. Let me know if you have any problems and I will go across the street to his office and check it out for you.

Thanks TbirdTim I tried the email address and got a return on it. I will try the phone # and see how I make out , will let you know.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Gobird
I was returning a call to David one day and used the 0121 number and it didn't go through. I looked on my ID machine and saw the number 0122 and it worked.
Good luck

Thank's TbirdTim, I just called Tim and he said he would get them out tommorow for me. I guess when I first ordered them it didn't go through and it didn't let me know that. My Bird should be in around the end of the month about the same time I will get the wings so I can install them. Thanks Again, Spence PS We could not due without the people on this site. Thanks to All.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

I installed the 1st one wet, had a lot of trouble with the bule part staying on the transfer tape. Installed the 2nd one dry, worked great.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back