I have to vent!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say confession is good for the soul....here's my tale.

I was not old enough to have a driver's liscense but old enough to think I knew everything and would be an ace at the wheel.

I decided to take my parents car for a little drive ( who would know? ).

I ended up spinning out on a dirt road and
had a small wreck into an orange grove, stuck where someone had to pull me out.

My brother squealed on me. Fortunately the car and I were alright.

My philosophy has always been this: When asked if I trust my son, I always say, yes,
I trust him to be a kid. He's 25 now and we've been pretty blessed with his behaviour.

It's only been since he left home and went away to college that he started feeling frisky ( that I am aware of.) He has had a couple of incidents and believe he now is a responsible young adult.

------------------
Bird, Bird, Bird.....Bird is the Word

All:

Message received loud & clear.

Tough luck Kyle, give me those keys back!!!

Speaking of trusting people... does the TBird come with a valet key? One great feature I saw on a Vette (I think) was that the valet key limited the engine to very low speeds so parking lot attendants could not pull a Ferris Buehler on you.

I wish the Tbid had that...

Tom M

Tom- I have no desire to give any key to the Valet. I have given them money to let me park in the close proximity to the Valet booth.
Many hotels and restaurants like these cars parked up front and personal.
It is status and they love it. I'll keep all the keys , thank you.

When Lojack introduces their new motion alarm, you will need to do all the parking to activate this early detection feature.

------------------
'56 + '02 Birds

Originally posted by Tom M:
TBird:

Re the lecture to the 3 year old.... sounds like you did exactly the right thing. Good parenting job.

Raising a child right is a series of small tests, both of you got an A on this one!

Now do something he likes, he sounds like a great kid. Before you know it he'll be 6 ft 3 inches tall like my son, and you'll be cleaning out the toys in the attic with tears in your eyes like me....

Best to you & yours,

Tom M.

I am 6'1", everytime he goes in for a checkup they ask me if I have anyone really tall in the family because he is always in the 99 percentile for height and weight. Could be topping 6'9"+ according to the doctor. Good thing University of Tennessee is 15 minutes from my house. ;-)

TBird

Play Ball!!!!! Better get with it, they are starting them young these days!

Mine played for Murray State, Ky.
( Football - Offensive Tackle ) He is right at 300 pounds too.

Love bragging about him. Just wish he'd move out. Now that he's back at home I don't have the room in the house for him!

TBird:

Our son was off the charts also. 10 lbs. 1 oz. at birth, 30 lbs at 1 year, I forget the heights but they were off the charts.

Kids - especially boys - have a way of evening out as they mature. Kyle has been through some spectacular growth spurts where he shot past the other kids, then they caught up, and that cycle has repeated several times.

The amazing thing to me is the size shoes they wear today. Kyle takes a 13 and he is no where close to the biggest in the class, there is one kid with 15s.

I figure his size is out of my control, I just hope he doesn't get so big cars, clothes, beds, etc. are a problem.

An interesting aside... one of my co-workers has a son who plays football for Cal Davis. He's 6 ft 3 in tall but weighs 330 lbs. Kyle is 6 ft 3 but weighs 160 lbs, the othe kid is like 2 of Kyle standing side by side!!

Tom M

PS Blackbird... brag any time, I think it's great!

Tom M,

6'3" 160#, sounds like me, been that way since high school, it's a blessing having to try and put on weight instead of the other way around. Was always told that would change but it never has and hopefully won't.
smile.gif

Originally posted by jodrod:
Tom M,

6'3" 160#, sounds like me, been that way since high school, it's a blessing having to try and put on weight instead of the other way around. Was always told that would change but it never has and hopefully won't.
smile.gif

The last time I was 6"1" 160 lbs was when I was 20. Now I am about 220. :)

TBird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back