How many 02-05 1st owners here?

I bought my bird from showroom floor Dec 2004. (Dream Christmas gift)
BTW, I wonder how many of us are original owners, how many are seconds.
I'm the second owner of a 2003 Mountain Shadow Grey T-Bird. The car was well maintained and only has 47000 miles on it. As in life-I'm learning as I go with the newer model. I've only had it since 10/19-and so-far -so good. I did find extra ignition coils in the trunk well-so I know the previous owner must have experienced the problems I see folks talk about on this site. She's tucked away for the winter with her hard top on. What a car!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the second owner of a 2003 Mountain Shadow Grey T-Bird. The car was well maintained and only has 47000 miles on it. As in life-I'm learning as I go with the newer model. I've only had it since 10/19-and so-far -so good. I did find extra ignition coils in the trunk well-so I know the previous owner must have experienced the problems I see folks talk about on this site. She's tucked away for the winter with her hard top on. What a car!
Hey now, this thread is only for first time owners... hahaha!

BIRDSALL

Second owner, my wife and I saw Retrobird on a lot in SC one day. This dealer had more used T-Birds on the lot than any Ford dealership ever had. I know, I looked at quite a few. When the black with full red accents showed up she asked if I would like it. She offered to trade in her 2002 Jetta to purchase car. Retrobird had about 18,000 miles on her in mid 2006 when we got her. I remember my Grandmother had a black with red interior and that’s why we purchased ours. Have had 2 other birds. I bought a 1983 new and a 1993 used. Love them all

I bought my '04 Pacific Coast Edition on 1/13/19 from the original owner, with only 8,000 miles on it. Car is #479 of 1,000 produced. Had to replace A/C unit 6 mos later. Replaced with original Motorcraft unit from Rock Auto. Great price as compared to dealer. Gets constant complements because of the unique color combo. Love it!

Teal 2002 from Ford/Lincoln dealership in Fort Lauderdale. Dealership gone but commute and drive it every day. 108k miles. Never parked under cover but faithfully waxed and looks like new. Even in Florida sun and heat. ALWAYS keep sunshades in front and rear so inside is in great shape.

I let my dad know I was going to get a 50th anniversary when I turned 50 at the same time. Well he went out and bought a Red 2003 off the showroom floor. So I decided to wait until I took this one over. The 1st time I drove it was last year and it's all I dreamed of in back then. Now I'm getting ready to put the aftermarket performance parts suggested on it. It's so fun to drive and I'm looking forward to enjoying it as much as my dad did.

FANZ

50th anniversary torch red
I bought my 05 in October 2019 from original owner in San Diego who said he ordered it in 04 and it was low number made for the anniversary edition....Love the Torch red and the two tone seats! He had 10 pages of Ford servicing notes for work done. These T birds are right up there with the 50th Vette I had!
Its a head turner...love this TBIRD forum with so many Bird friends...at 67 I am enjoying it!!

Bought one of the first delivered in NC from a Raleigh dealer in 2002. Especially fun to drive since most had never seen one so I garnered quite a following on the road. Stopping for gas was a big time consumer!

I purchased my Thunderbird in 2003 right off the showroom floor at the Corpus Christi, Texas dealership. Liked the removal hard top option. It has 100,000. miles . Many COP replacements later and CD player no longer works. Wish i could get my CD's out. I am restoring my Desert Sky Blue beauty. I have replaced driver,center,& passenger windshield trim moldings along with the hood and trunk lift supports. Now my driver side window is not lowering so i purchased a window lift assembly and motor kit. That along with my mirror lever adjustment will be replaced as the passenger side mirror no longer adjusts. My headlights look pretty worn so I purchased a set as well. Still looks like a showroom beauty!! I have spare COP's and spark plugs in trunk. After reading other posts, I think I need to get a new spare tire as well.

BIRDSALL

I purchased my Thunderbird in 2003 right off the showroom floor at the Corpus Christi, Texas dealership. Liked the removal hard top option. It has 100,000. miles . Many COP replacements later and CD player no longer works. Wish i could get my CD's out. I am restoring my Desert Sky Blue beauty. I have replaced driver,center,& passenger windshield trim moldings along with the hood and trunk lift supports. Now my driver side window is not lowering so i purchased a window lift assembly and motor kit. That along with my mirror lever adjustment will be replaced as the passenger side mirror no longer adjusts. My headlights look pretty worn so I purchased a set as well. Still looks like a showroom beauty!! I have spare COP's and spark plugs in trunk. After reading other posts, I think I need to get a new spare tire as well.
What a great job you are doing to keep our beloved birds alive. Best of luck

CBBIRD

2005 Steel Blue Tbird
Original owner here. Bought my 05 at the end of the year. It was 1 of 3 left on the lots in Columbus, OH. I will keep this car as long as I can still get in it!

I bought mine from a family friend. Her father bought it second or third hand and loved it. Unfortunately, he died one year after getting it. She and her mother offered to give it to me cause they knew I was a "car guy" and "he would want me to have it." I researched it (not knowing anything about the value of these cars) and found a 2005 in good condition was worth X amount depending on what part of the country it was selling in. I offered and paid a medium price and they reluctantly took my offer. The reason for my offer was two-fold... I wanted to be fair to my friends and my plan was to refresh the car and enjoy it for a few months and flip it. The mistake I made was "enjoying it" for a few months. Long story short, it's a fun darn car. So... a year later, I'm still learning and enjoying it. I'll probably still sell it this year but in the meantime I'll enjoy the hell out of it.