How long is the wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RazzFla

Supporting Contributor
Last seen
Brand new to site today. Ordered my T-Bird just about a year ago (April 23, 2001) Anyone with an idea of how much longer I will have to suffer. Is there a web site to check on production. Thanks- Mike

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Your sequence in the build of 25,000 vehicles is based on how many your dealership was allocated and your relative position in line against that allocation.

We talk about being #7 of 15, or #5 of 5, etc. All dealerships got 1 new Thunderbird before any dealership got 2. The deaelrship with large allocations began getting their 2nd vehicles before the dealerships that only got 2.

Ford is producing the low 15,000 series vehicles now and most dealerships (with more that 4 units allocated) are at the half way point with their allocation. As the smaller allocation dealerships (1's and 2's) fall out of the sequencing, the orders will begin to flow more rapidly to the larger dealerships.

Ask your salesperson where you are in their order scheme. #X of Y. That will give you a rough estimation when your unit may be built. When your salesperson gives you a VIN, watch the build and delivery database to estimate delivery. Check your salesperson on Fridays or Saturdays for any changes - the Ford production scheduling system updates each Thursday evening. Once you have a VIN they will begin getting weekly updates on the status.

excellent summary! redbirddlx.

to RazzFla:
We're #18 of 26 and don't expect to even see our VIN# until sometime in May. Our order has been in since March 3, 2001. At the same dealership, #12 of 26 just got their VIN# this week and their car will be built week of April 15 - their order was placed January 13, 2001 - just 5 days after the order banks opened. So you're not alone in this long wait. There are still a number of us on the board that are waiting - the number waiting is getting smaller but not fast enough for those of us still waiting. The Neiman Marcus owners thought they had a long wait!!!!!

RazzFla,

Even though you don't have your car yet, I have started a Tampa Bay area group on Yahoo!. There has not been much action on it, but I'm hoping that we will get more members and be able to get things going, sorta like the Atlanta group.

Goto:

TampaBayRetroBirds

Feel free to join.

I'm 32 out of the orginally allocated 32. The dealer was subsequently allocated 10 additional units. I was told by the dealer that I could expect delivery in June. Hope he was right!

Razz - welcome to the club. I'm your neighbor from sarasota. what color did you order? see you on the roads.

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

Originally posted by rlstonejr:
Razz - welcome to the club. I'm your neighbor from sarasota. what color did you order? see you on the roads.

Ordered Torch Red with a White Top. I don't feel so bad now since I found this site. Looks like July or August for me. Until I was told about this site I thought Sarasota Ford was fooling around but I guess not. Hope to meet you one day. Thanks-Mike

how much over msrp did sarasota ford charge? The red with white top will look sharp, but you will have a real hard time keeping the hard top on the car.

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

Originally posted by rlstonejr:
how much over msrp did sarasota ford charge? The red with white top will look sharp, but you will have a real hard time keeping the hard top on the car.

$5,000 Over for Sarasota Ford all the dealers I talked to in Northern Virginia were between $5-10,000.

Originally posted by RedBirdDlx:
Your sequence in the build of 25,000 vehicles is based on how many your dealership was allocated and your relative position in line against that allocation.

We talk about being #7 of 15, or #5 of 5, etc. All dealerships got 1 new Thunderbird before any dealership got 2. The deaelrship with large allocations began getting their 2nd vehicles before the dealerships that only got 2.

Ford is producing the low 15,000 series vehicles now and most dealerships (with more that 4 units allocated) are at the half way point with their allocation. As the smaller allocation dealerships (1's and 2's) fall out of the sequencing, the orders will begin to flow more rapidly to the larger dealerships.

Ask your salesperson where you are in their order scheme. #X of Y. That will give you a rough estimation when your unit may be built. When your salesperson gives you a VIN, watch the build and delivery database to estimate delivery. Check your salesperson on Fridays or Saturdays for any changes - the Ford production scheduling system updates each Thursday evening. Once you have a VIN they will begin getting weekly updates on the status.
Thanks for the information I don't feel so bad now.

Originally posted by RedBirdDlx:

Thanks for the information

Originally posted by RTBRD_aka_jodrod:
RazzFla,

Even though you don't have your car yet, I have started a Tampa Bay area group on Yahoo!. There has not been much action on it, but I'm hoping that we will get more members and be able to get things going, sorta like the Atlanta group.

Goto:

TampaBayRetroBirds

Feel free to join.
Thanks I did

Originally posted by Ronnie:
Hi, I'm new to this. How do I get in discussion about delivery.
Your in so what up with your efforts to get your Bird>

Ronnie,

I don't know what info you have on your Bird but if you goto TBird Plots and open the "Plots" folder you will find a pic called "Dates 4_01". This is a plot of build/eta/delivery dates vs. VIN. If you have a vin it will give you an idea of when to expect your car.

There is also a pic call "Info 4_01" that gives a model breakdown.

Click on "Full Size" on the top right side of the picture to get the full size version.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back