Homelink and lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
WE have a 2002 T Bird Blue just bought it (23000 miles) Gifted to my wife for putting up with me for 45 years for our anniversary I would like to install the later model header panel for better interior lighting., and if the home link would work that would be great.
Would also be interested in later model padded material sun visors.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

homelinks

WE have a 2002 T Bird Blue just bought it (23000 miles) Gifted to my wife for putting up with me for 45 years for our anniversary I would like to install the later model header panel for better interior lighting., and if the home link would work that would be great.
Would also be interested in later model padded material sun visors.

There is an owner that installed a later model on his '02. So it can be done. Here's what they had to say:

"After 2 years, I went out and bought the 2004 moulding that runs across the top of the windshield. It has the HomeLink buttons and decent reading lamps as well as a pretty good courtesy light. MUCH better than the '02 and '03 lights. It was pricey, I paid $210 for it, (list was well over $300), but worth every penny. It took me about 45 minutes to install it because it needed some modifications. There is an extra clip that had to be cut off and the wiring harness needed to be re-done since the plug in the back of the mirror doesn't fit the socket in the new moulding. However, it's done and works, and looks much cleaner without the wire running down to the mirror. I think I'll try to find a different mirror or get an '04 one that is has little thinner frame. Now, I have good lighting"

Check with a Ford or Lincoln dealer.

OR; Do a web search for Gentex. They have a rear view mirror with that function in it

Last edited:
My older 2004 Homelink programs with half the garage on the Champion Opener but not on the other half with a new Champion opener. Sigh, guess which side I want to park on..... Any one know where I can but the more modern homelink transmitter compatable with the newer Champion?

you could swap out your opener motors....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back