HOLD ON DELIVERIES ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called 800 # and got a real person instead of recording, and she informed me there is anaother "quality" on shipments. Car was built week of 3 Dec and ETA was 17 Dec doesn't look like they're going to make it. This is really starting to p___ me off. Said they have backlog in the lot. Just when you think Ford is back on track something like this happens.

I just called 800# and was advised my T'Bird (VIN# 6597) was put on railcar 12-7 with an ETA of 12-21. Quality hold must have come after this point. The lady at the 800# advised me she was not aware of any general quality holds on shipments.

My wife called the 800# this morning. The lady would not give her any info when she found out that she was not employed by the dealership. Probably should have told her a little white lie and said that she was a salesperson. (VIN 6621)

Originally posted by ricky19p:
I just called 800 # and got a real person instead of recording, and she informed me there is anaother "quality" on shipments. Car was built week of 3 Dec and ETA was 17 Dec doesn't look like they're going to make it. This is really starting to p___ me off. Said they have backlog in the lot. Just when you think Ford is back on track something like this happens.

The manufacturing process involves not only Ford, but suppliers, and since this is a first model year build, I'm sure they are tweaking the assembly line. Look what happened when they retooled for the 2002 Explorer. They forgot to widen the rails the Explorer went down and it was cutting the tires and quite a few got delivered before they figured it out. Considering how lazy people in the workplace are in general, it's a miracle they can still build a car.

T-Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back