HOIST FOR HARD TOP WANTED

• Thread starter Jackie’s ride
  • Start date
J

Jackie’s ride

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just bought a 2005 . Need a hard top hoist. Anyone have one just hanging around, not being used. Or if you have one or built your own, give me your ideas....

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the 05. Hard to find in the South. Rigged a boat plastic cover to lift and lower with the boathouse overhead power door. Nothing fancy. Maybe you can rig the door to lift the top ?? Would have to fix wheel guides and stops on the floor.
Just thinking. Good luck. JW in Dixie

Congrats on the 05. Hard to find in the South. Rigged a boat plastic cover to lift and lower with the boathouse overhead power door. Nothing fancy. Maybe you can rig the door to lift the top ?? Would have to fix wheel guides and stops on the floor.
Just thinking. Good luck. JW in Dixie

Interesting Idea, will have to think about how I could do it. Thanks

I'm thinking a set or two sets of rubber wheels on axles which wind ropes over pulleys to lift the top and suspend it over your car, under the door. Would need a neutral/drive shift so when you want to open the door but lift the top.
Never have seen a top. Can you lift one end at a time by yourself or does it have to be lifted straight up?
If you can lift one end at a time and it has hooks that you can attach to rope loops from the ceiling, then lift the other end?
That's how I hang my extension ladder in the garage. I'll probably lie awake all night working on this! Good luck.

I'm thinking a set or two sets of rubber wheels on axles which wind ropes over pulleys to lift the top and suspend it over your car, under the door. Would need a neutral/drive shift so when you want to open the door but lift the top.
Never have seen a top. Can you lift one end at a time by yourself or does it have to be lifted straight up?
If you can lift one end at a time and it has hooks that you can attach to rope loops from the ceiling, then lift the other end?
That's how I hang my extension ladder in the garage. I'll probably lie awake all night working on this! Good luck.

To tell you the truth I just bought the car and have not even tried to take the top off yet.

I just purchased the hoist from Thunderbird concepts, never used it. My garage construction prohibits it's use. So it's up for grabs, I'm in Ga.

Back