High Plains Thunderbirds

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LON O'CONNELL

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
On Saturday June 1st at Ron Clark Ford in Amarillo, Tx. High Plains Thunderbirds is having its first ever meeting. Randy Clark, General Manager of Ron Clark Ford is providing a roped off area for the T-Birds and the use of their conference room for the meeting. The meeting will take place at 4:30 PM. Ron Clark Ford is located at 13001 Canyon Drive (I-27) on the South end of Amarillo.

We presently have 12 - 2002's, 6 - 55 - 57's, & 2 - 62's and getting more everyday. This total includes Randy's & my 2002.

After the meeting we are cruising as a group about 6 miles to the once a month Panhandle Council of Car Clubs Cruise night. We plan to arrive there at 6PM to visit and look at the other cars and then go on there cruise at 7PM which lasts about an hour and a half. Then its off to Doodles for hamburgers.

One of the members who is an engraver is going to make engraved nameplates with the Club logo for each of the first meeting members plus a plaque for the club with the logo and the names of the original members.

If you live close to this area and are interested, contact me via e-mail as listed on my profile.

We had our first meeting last night and it turned out to be a success. We had 14 cars show up. Five (5) called and cancelled due to having to attend childrens graduations. Understandable. We had all years of cars:

2 - 1955's
4 - 1957's
2 - 1962's
1 - 1994
5 - 2002's (one of each color)

We met for an hour and a half and then cruised to the monthly Council of Car Clubs Cruise Night meeting area. There we joined up with approximately 250 other cars. it was a beautiful sight. We really got everyones attention when we drove in 14 Birds as a group and parked them side by side from a single file line. The cruise night is used to seeing anywhere from none to two T-Birds only show up. But with our new club and coming in the way we did, we attracted somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 - 400 people all at one time. They looked like bees flying around the hive.

Someday I'll learn how to post pic's on this site. Next month we fully expect our number of cars to ballon up to around 30. Can hardly wait till then.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Thank you Dot. We all really appreciate your posting some of the pic's.

Lon

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back