Heated Wiper 2002-2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
HKS
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I read that the heated wiper park position option was available for the 2003.

My 24737 2002 already has the heated wiper option. Does anyone have a 2002 without this option?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have number 24388 and don't see anything on the window sticker about the wipers being heated, only "speed sensitive". Is it stated on the sticker or someplace else? I've only had mine just over a week and still under 300 miles so I've still got a lot to learn about it.

------------------
Debi in MI
2002 T-Bird blue
1997 Corvette black
1987 Cougar XR-7 black

The heated wiper in the park position is a standard item on the 02's. Read your owners manual for details on this item.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

The owners manual does describe the heated wiper park position. I was just wondering why it was listed a new feature in the 2003 model. The owners manual does seem to apply to other Ford models at times.

HKS

Originally posted by THNDR B:
I have number 24388 and don't see anything on the window sticker about the wipers being heated, only "speed sensitive". Is it stated on the sticker or someplace else? I've only had mine just over a week and still under 300 miles so I've still got a lot to learn about it.

There are three "buttons" on the dash of my '02 for defrosters. One is the regular defroster; one is the wiper heater; one is the back window.

------------------
Torch red, red top, black interior

Windshield wipers are not something I paid any attention to...not even where the controls are located! I don't plan on driving in the rain. We got caught in a flash thunderstorm a few weeks ago in the Corvette and scrambled to find where the windshield wiper controls were! We were at a Corvette club dinner and confessed we had to look for the wiper controls. Everyone else laughed that we really weren't familiar with where they were.

But I will familiarize myself with my new Bird. This is MY first new car in 15 years.

------------------
Debi in MI
2002 T-Bird blue
1997 Corvette black
1987 Cougar XR-7 black

That's amazing! I never read the manual on wipers, and didn't know they were heated. This forum is great for learning little tidbits!

------------------
2002 Thunderbird blue
2001 Mag Red Corvette vert.
2000 Aqua Marine PT Cruiser
1968 Rally Red Corvette roadster

In my manual, it's page 35, item no. 6. Heated wiper rest/windshield control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back