Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year

Attachments

• headlightassembly.jpg
    headlightassembly.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered and received both left and right headlights for my car now it looks like it is somewhat easy to do as far as removing the springs and the one bolt at the top but I can't tell what's down below I cannot find a video that talks about how to replace the complete assembly to the headlight mine were in bad shape and I wanted to not have nice new shiny once again. Does anybody have an answer for me that will save me a lot of money of having to go to the Ford dealership and be ripped off by them. Thank you for any help

I had to use some brute strength is getting the headlamp assembly clips pulled up and out. Use patience and maybe get a body builder to help.

Thank you for all the help, I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. Not bad for an old lady20180820_205756.jpg

Yeah, weathered, yellow lights really look punk on a silver bird. Your's is now beautiful! :)

I had to use some brute strength is getting the headlamp assembly clips pulled up and out. Use patience and maybe get a body builder to help.
Clips were hard to extract. Long needle nose pliers. Used a shot of WD40 on each and that helped. Also, thinking back, probably could have leaned against the light, pushing it back slightly, then pulled. Cheers

When I did mine last year, there were times I was positive that clip was welded in, but once you beat one, the others are easy. 2 slipped right out, 1 took a little more force, and one required several curse words and Hulk Smash Strength. Pushing in on the headlight sounds like a good tip, but too late for me! But this is probably the one thing you can do without special skills that pays HUGE dividends.

I did my 2002 assemblies last summer - much better solution than those "restoration" kits, once that polycarbonate starts to degrade it'll just keep reoccurring....makes the car look like new along with replacing the faded bird trunk and hood emblems... Some needle nose pliers will get those clips loose - yes they can be tight... The car is garaged and lightly driven at this point so these changes should outlast me.

Back