Hardtop stand fits in trunk? 2005

the rainman

the rainman

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey everyone ! My first post.

I'll be picking up my '05 next week 4 hrs away...will the hardtop stand fold up & fit in the trunk, or will I need to take it apart? Thanks...Ontario, Canada

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'll be picking up my '05 next week 4 hrs away...will the hardtop stand fold up & fit in the trunk, or will I need to take it apart? Thanks...Ontario, Canada
The original stand that came with the car will fold up and fit in the trunk. It folds flat and there will still room in the trunk for groceries.

image.jpeg

Not to out do everyone, but this photo is how it's in the trunk. I thought it would be a good time to let some of you know, that I'm waiting delivery of that hardtop stand along with the 2002 whisper white Tbird. I'm a new member, and very excited! Thanks, Vince

View attachment 2406
Not to out do everyone, but this photo is how it's in the trunk. I thought it would be a good time to let some of you know, that I'm waiting delivery of that hardtop stand along with the 2002 whisper white Tbird. I'm a new member, and very excited! Thanks, Vince
Mine looks just like that but I don't have all that plastic. I have a logo'd truck may

Gus,
I think all that plastic is covering the soft boot from damage during shipment. I'm expecting the car next week
Good luck to " the rainman" with your new thunderbird!
The 02 boot is huge. It doesn't fold in fours like the later boots. That must be why it is under the top stand. Hopefully rainman will post a photo of his new toy.

Back