Hardtop groan goes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
P
Just wanted to let you all know that after a long road trip and 3,200 miles on the odometer, my hardtop developed quite a creak and groan. It drove me crazy. So I took the top off for a day, and -- after putting it back on -- the groan seems to have disappeared.

Maybe the hardtop just needed to be re-seated. Or maybe the small amount of water that leaked into the soft-top area may have sort of loosened the rubber seal.

At any rate, I thought I'd post this in case any of you find the same thing happening.

P
Maybe you're right, RacerRoger! Unfortunately, it's pouring rain here in the Bay Area.

David, my creak and groan was definitely at the back and was pretty bad. I also have a little dashboard squeak on the left side, but so far it hasn't bothered me too much. It mainly happens on rough road.

Y
Pb , on an earlier post someone said that they found a bolt or doohickey loose under the hood.(I think it was part of the engine cover if I remember correctly) that took care of their squeak in the front left interior. Hope this helps.

P
Thank you, YellowWing, but unfortunately I already tried that possibility. Nothing was loose that I could see. But really, it's not that bad (so far).

Status
Not open for further replies.