Hardtop groan goes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
P
Just wanted to let you all know that after a long road trip and 3,200 miles on the odometer, my hardtop developed quite a creak and groan. It drove me crazy. So I took the top off for a day, and -- after putting it back on -- the groan seems to have disappeared.

Maybe the hardtop just needed to be re-seated. Or maybe the small amount of water that leaked into the soft-top area may have sort of loosened the rubber seal.

At any rate, I thought I'd post this in case any of you find the same thing happening.

Was the creak & Groan at teh front or the back? My car has that symptom at the front, but I think it's in the dashboard rather than the top.

Maybe you're right, RacerRoger! Unfortunately, it's pouring rain here in the Bay Area.

David, my creak and groan was definitely at the back and was pretty bad. I also have a little dashboard squeak on the left side, but so far it hasn't bothered me too much. It mainly happens on rough road.

Pb , on an earlier post someone said that they found a bolt or doohickey loose under the hood.(I think it was part of the engine cover if I remember correctly) that took care of their squeak in the front left interior. Hope this helps.

Thank you, YellowWing, but unfortunately I already tried that possibility. Nothing was loose that I could see. But really, it's not that bad (so far).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back