Hardtop "gaskets"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new acquaintence took delivery of his Blue Premium hardtop two weeks ago. His VIN is in the 14000 range. Packed in his trunk was a flat cardboard package about 2'x6" or so containing several sets of white "gaskets" which are designed to go between the hardtop and the painted sheetmetal when the hardtop is installed. He says the instructions say to apply a new one each time the hardtop is re-installed. He told me he would get me more information in the next day or so. Has anyone else who recently took delivery found a package such as this? Is Ford trying to help us (belatedly) protect our paint?

------------------
Yellow premium, full accent 4127

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My black #15963 also has the cardboard packed in the trunk. I haven't opened it yet or removed the hardtop either. I hope this is just a stop-gap and that a rumored chrome strip for the 2003s will be available for our 2002s.

Thanks, Dot. The dates on the posts were when we were in Florida visiting our son. I missed the board for about a week, and obviously didn't catch up very well.

------------------

What the fellow showed me matched the descriptions of the previous threads, they looked like a vinyl tape.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back