Hard Top Scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an old subject. I removed my hard top for the 1st time yesterday. (The Bird has been driven 220 miles) And...there were scratches from Hard Top rub! They are minor, they don't show up as much on yellow.

I hope Ford does a "fix" before fall.

Does anyone have anything new on the metal strip? I'm going to have my dealer file a report.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Chief, probably the best thing to do. Haven't heard anything on the chrome strip yet.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

I had my top on for a couple of weeks and when I took it off this past weekend there were more scratches. I make sure to carefully clean the top seal and the deck before installing the top but dirt gets in anyway. When I take the car to the dealer for the next service interval I am going to have them file a report also.

I took my hard top in for a repair on the drip (rain gutter) rail today. I showed the dealer where the top had been rubbing the body paint and asked that he file a report. He said that he would.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

Have a fair amount of damage too. Noticed it much more after I detailed it. They will need to do something as this is too much damage for a new car that is kept very very clean.

biggrin.gif
mad.gif
Ok this has been brought up before but since the subject came up again for our new members there is a place on the board to voice your opinion and vote if you think Ford should fit our 02 Birds with the chrome strip that has been seen on the 03 prototypes. You Should tell your dealer about this but I also feel that we have almost 500 members here.If we band together and submit something to Ford that that would pull some kind of weight.What it comes down to is if you want Ford to take care of this problem now or do you want to do it yourself in a couple of years from now and have to pay the price. I've been told that Ford is working on the problem and it would seem that they found a solution for the 03's but what about us? So vote on the poll listed on the home page and just maybe we can get something done.
rolleyes.gif
Gobird

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

The drip rail is the plastic trim above the windows. I had a piece break off at the bottom on the right hand side.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back