Hard Top Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I think you might need to reprogram your window drop. Sounds like they're not seating properly.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

wbernie my right door window has wind noise on the trailing edge of the door glass. Going to have dealer look at it tomorrow. Its not real bad, but its there and that makes it bad enough.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

wind noise? With the top on, quite as can be. without the hard top, it is a little noiser, Oh you might mean with the soft top up, its not bad either. it's almost warm enough to leave it down for the season. Then the wind noise is one reason i got this car. john

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

I didn't mean it to be. even living north of San Francisco, and it being in the 50's this week, i try to keep the top down. the car just looks so much better that way. John

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

I get noise coming into my left ear while driving with the hardtop on. I think it is coming from the area where you unbolt the hartop. Could we stuff something in the hole to stop the noise...sounds stupid, but I am open to options. I have reseated the top and the windows look like they are sealing good. Its not too bad, but noticeable when the beach boys take a break.thanks to all

I don't have any wind noise, but I still have an infernal creaking and groaning in the hardtop. I took it to a small-town dealer who said he'd have to send it to a body shop to look at the hardtop, and I wasn't able to leave the car there, so I still haven't been able to have it checked out. It annoys me greatly, but it's only at very low (less than 10 mph) speeds.

• Like/Thanks
Reactions: LTM
My driver's door window has a lot of air noise. I can see the difference from passenger side weather stripping. Dealer is supposed to replace hardtop weather strip Tues. Hope that helps.

Paula,

You live in hilly San Francisco. I've got a driveway that makes Lombard Street look like the Bonneville Salt Flats, and I can hear little creaks as the body of my T-Bird flexes negotiating it (at low speeds). They did an admirable job of stiffening the LS platform after cutting the roof off, but it's no anvil, and that top is a separate piece. One other thing that I've picked up twice is the hard plastic cover of the passenger side visor mirror buzzing against the hard plastic top frame. When I tweak the visor, it goes away.

p.s. Not a bit of wind noise though, and the windows are performing their drop down trick flawlessly.

-

Everyone's car would have had windnoise here on Friday. The winds were constantly 45 MPH with gusts in the 60 MPH range. High gust of the day was 71 MPH. I think our elevation went down 3" with all the dirt that was blown away.

------------------
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Did one time, but know why.

Washed the car and a little water must have gotten near the seal. When it became ice and expanded it didn't stay tight. After about an hour must have melted and noise went away.

Saturday the dealer made some adjustments to the weatherstripping and told me to give that a try, but at about 11:30 A.M. the winds kicked up to about 45 MPH with gusts up into the 60's. Can't tell wind noise from the wind blowing out side. Winds have been steady from Saturday through currently today without letting up. Hopefully will quit tonight or tomorrow.

------------------
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

If the driver's seat is tilted way back and barely touching the package shelf, it can make a sound a whole lot like wind noise. It tricked me for a while, but then I noticed the "wind noise" continued after the car stopped.(Duh!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back