Good deal on a 007 model | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Good deal on a 007 model

• Thread starter Thread starter 70ElkySS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help a newbie. We have a chance to buy an excellent condition 007 model with less than 10,000 miles for about $20K. I think this is a no-brainer, but anything I should be aware of before we pull the trigger?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please help a newbie. We have a chance to buy an excellent condition 007 model with less than 10,000 miles for about $20K. I think this is a no-brainer, but anything I should be aware of before we pull the trigger?

It sure sounds like a great deal... especially if it still has the hardtop. Be sure to run the VIN throug CarFax to see if its been wrecked or flooded.

Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't able to find any comparable sales on the internet, but I have seen a couple of posts that hint at a value around $30K??? This is a family deal, so I know there's no problem with the car (and also why it's not a market value transaction).

Was the hardtop standard equipment? (Please forgive my ignorance - I know practically nothing about these cars and this deal just came up, so I haven't had time to do much research.)

I believe all 007 models came through with hardtops.

Since the family is so far away, when you finish the deal, make sure you tell them to include everything that came with the car.
O - Books Maintenance and Owners manual
O - CD's for top removal etc.
O - Torx tool to remove hardtop
O - Boot for convertible top, when down
O - Hardtop stand - Holds it when off the car
Best of luck and keep us tuned in

Thanks again for the help, guys. I was able to confirm that the hardtop is there. As far as the other stuff, that'll be hit or miss as the owner is deceased.

70Elkyss,

Let me guess...

The last four digits of the VIN on that 007 are 5828 or 5829... right?

Quickdraw knows everything🙂😎

Well.....actually no. If the VIN I got is correct, you're off by about 100. Just curious as to how you would be able to even guess at this?😕

5828 and 5829 were the only two 007s sold new in Hawaii. If it was bought on the mainland and shipped to HI then I don't know the VIN.

Quickdraw, I liked the mystery that was going forward.....🙂😎

This get's better with every post😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back