gonna stop making them? | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

gonna stop making them?

• Thread starter Thread starter tlfmd
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

We all new it was going to end soon, just how soon was the question.

The original Thunderbirds were changed after a three year run, because the public wanted a four place car. The total production of the 55,56,57 Thunderbird was a little better then 53,000. The 1958 Thunderbird was over 57,000. It out sold all three years of the smaller car.

I think, I'm not sure on the number but thought I read it, the total run for the 02-05 is around 50,000, I could be wrong though.

I'm sure the 02 to 05 Thunderbird will always be a classic like the 55 to 57.

Sorry to see its demise. I sure like the styling and I smile, to myself, everytime I see one on the road. Just a "Good Looking Car".

Rumpole

We have a 2004, Merlot with light sand top and interior. I have never owned a car that elicited so many comments from people. I am stopped nearly EVERY TIME I drive it by people who tell me how good looking or "cool" or whatever our car is. I am surprised and almost embarrassed by the amount of attention this thing draws, yet the cars haven't sold well... I don't know what gives.

......Just glad I've got one!....and am looking for another......you will become more comfortable with the interest the 'Bird generates....i know I felt a little uncomfortable at the start.....but be sure....the interest won't go away..... 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back