Geography Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are a lot out there that can answer this one. I looked on a map and cannot find it. Just where the He-- is the Wixom plant? Is this the name of the town or the name of the plant. Thanks

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have not been there, but I have researched the topic.... Wixom is a small suburb/town near Dearborn...it is hard to find it on the map....apparently it is about 30 mintues from the Detroit airport. I am still considering going up there in march/April when my car is being made and it is warmer up there. Hope that helps.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

Wixom is a town about 18 miles north / west of Detroit.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Thanks guys, I finally found it on the map. About 500 and some odd miles from my house.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

Just remember, you warm weather birds, Wixom is in the SE Michigan snow belt. I-96 was closed for two days during a visit I made to Detriot last winter.
smile.gif

Hi All

Wixom is about 30 miles from Detroit Metro Airport. Won't give a time- that all depends on traffic
frown.gif

The plant is in the city of Wixom- that's how it got its name. The biggest town near there that is easy to spot on the map is NOVI. That is about 4 miles or so from the plant.

If any of you are planning on taking the tour please let me know as I would like to get the chance to say HI
smile.gif

If you are planning to bring your Bird with you I would suggest waiting until late spring- because this is Michigan and you just never know. We really haven't had much snow yet this winter but I am sure we won't escape without one big storm.

WixomPooh-

John McCarthy and I will probably be making a trip to Dearborn in March, to chat with the powers-that-be about Thunder on 66 and their support plan. How do we arrange a tour?

John is the Liaison between **** and Ford Motor Company

------------------

Tony

I copied this information from a really old post...

Call Dave Davis at the Wixom plant at 248-344-5359. Typically you will get his answering machine but he was very good about returning his calls.

Please let me know if you arrange a tour
smile.gif

Thanks, WPooh!

John and I will definitely plan on a tour-hopefully we can get some photos for the Scoop?

------------------

I went on the tour and David Davis required that the pictures we took would not be published. Also, he required that any pictures take where individual workers were recognizable that we first get permission from the individual.

That being said, we really did enjoy the tour. Mr Davis was most hospitable.

------------------
VIN 106587 White, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back